Going to another church

by I-follow-the-narrow-path 5 Replies latest jw friends

• I-follow-the-narrow-path
    I-follow-the-narrow-path

I have been missing some meetings... I don't know what my JW teacher thinks. I seriously could care less at this point.
    I just don't want to do it anymore... I want to praise God my way... not because some else says this is the way.
    I want to read the bible... and only the bible to find truth.
    ugh... no wonder people become "apostate"--- they don't turn their back on God... just the church.
    If the JW have THE TRUTH... why are there not more JWs?

• Honesty
    Honesty

There used to be more JW's.

Most of them were thrown out with the trash when they started asking too many questions.

• Highlander
    Highlander

Very good question. I always found the JW teaching to be quite demeaning to non-witnesses. On the one hand, j-dubs preach that they and they alone have the truth,

on the other hand they teach that only a small number will follow the narrow path and that most will go off into destruction. What does that say about the majority?

That they're a bunch of idiots that are unable to tie their own shoes, let alone learn THE TRUTH?

As you asked aslready,, if the JW have the truth, why aren't there more jw's?

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    I have been missing some meetings... I don't know what my JW teacher thinks.

Are you still studying with her? If you are, it won't be long before she starts to apply a little pressure on you to attend regularly again. It may take the line of "you already knoe it'e the truth, why go elsewhere?", or "armageddon is just around the corner, you need to commit yourself now", or something similar. I used to use that libe of reasoning myself with my studies, so be prepared for it. The jws don't give up on a potential convert that easily.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

It is good to see that you came to this realisation before it was too late. All the best on you new journey.

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

Yeah, ditto what jwfacts said...

Oh BTW.... Happy 3 days late Birthday

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit