JULY 15TH WT STUDY ARTICLE QUOTES....

by Mary 39 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

I've also noticed how many times the "faithful and discreet slave" are thanked in prayer. It's nauseating to say the least.

In the future: "And we ask this prayer through your channel of communication, the "faithful and discreet slave". Amen.

• Highlander
    Highlander

I've also noticed how many times the "faithful and discreet slave" are thanked in prayer. It's nauseating to say the least.

Yep, that's always been my pet peeve.

It rarely happens, but when I say a prayer on behalf of a group for dinner or whatever, I make it a point NOT to mention the FDS, GB, WT corp or anything like that.

I keep it biblical, short and to the point.

• Mary
    Mary

Do you mean at the ASSemblies, or at the meetings in general? I never really noticed......I wonder if this is a local phenomenon or wide-spread...........

• jgnat
    jgnat

IF the WTS continues to "beat the sheep" we may see a catastrophic decline in membership in our lifetime. Other churches do considerable research in to what is happening to their membership, and make adjustments.

http://www.religion-online.org/showarticle.asp?title=1237

The WTS doesn't adjust, they blame the rank and file. Blame them and they will leave faster.

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

Thanks again for the analysis.

Bearing in mind how often stories about 'Emmanuel' and others crop up (poor brother in Africa had to go through swamps, had both his legs bitten off by crocodiles but still crawled to the meeting; brother in S america had his house burning down, left his wife to deal with dead kids etc while he went to the study) has anyone EVER written to WTBTS and said 'I was touched by the story of poor brother Unfortunate, can you put me in touch with him so I can offer love and support? (at least buy the poor bastard a wheelchair).

What would happen if someone did? Are ALL of these stories just pure invention?

• Terry
    Terry

The article isn't about Jesus.

The article isn't about Jehovah.

The article isn't about finding lost sheep, ministering to the poor or humility and meekness among those serving the family of god by taking the lead.

This article is about short-circuiting your rational mind and subverting your natural intelligence by denying the law of causality. In effect: the depression and boredom of your daily life as a Jehovah's Witness isn't caused by following the instructions of the FDS. PRETEND IT HAS NO CAUSE.

Enter a state of self-hynosis by pretending (so others watching will be lured in as well) that the Kingdom Hall has something to offer besides butt-numbing repetitious sloganeering.

If your curiousity is aroused by the contradiction between what we say and what you see---BLIND YOURSELF!

• Mary
    Mary
    IF the WTS continues to "beat the sheep" we may see a catastrophic decline in membership in our lifetime.........the WTS doesn't adjust, they blame the rank and file. Blame them and they will leave faster.

Bingo........like when a parent refuses to let their 17 year old go to a simple party, or do anything that would give them a measure of freedom, that teenager is likely thinking "...the second I turn 18, I'm gone..."

The Governing Body don't seem to have a clue how to deal with the problem of discontent in the Organization, they only know how to rule with tyranny. Like the mutineers on The Bounty, there's only so much shit people are willing to put up with before they rebel. Perhaps Captain Bligh Ted Jaracz should take note.

Are ALL of these stories just pure invention?

I think the majority of these stories are all made up. They never give us any information that's verifiable, such as the brother or sister's name, where they live, when the even happened-----nothing. Hell there's more historical evidence of Jesus' existence than the characters portrayed in the Witchtower.

• myelaine
    myelaine

Is it just me or did everyone just see Terry "lose it" in their minds-eye?

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Bad flock! Bad flock! Quit thinking independently! <spank> <spank> <spank>

18 Our putting up with inconveniences without complaining not only helps us to improve our personality, but may also impress those observing our conduct. (always an ulterior motive)

This is the worst goddam advice ever. It's because of shit like this, that I was never good at standing up for myself. It felt like an uphill battle (and still does) trying to stand up for myself. Luckily, I'm closer to the top of the hill where it's less steep.

Why don't they just come out and say "Instead of complaining, just bend over, take it up the ass and pretend to enjoy it".

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

quandary wrote:

I do not know if others are becoming dissillutioned by finding things out over the internet like I have or not. Do you really think more people are viewing the information about the Society?

I was an active witness until I researched the sex abuse scandal online; the news only got worse as I found out about the UN, Mexico/Malawi, and the ever changing blood doctrine.

INFORMATION is the coin of the realm today. The WT wants to snuff out the desire for information; it will not work.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit