How Does Your Garden Grow?

by OpenFireGlass 15 Replies latest jw friends

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

Life is like growing a garden... There's alot of people who may swear by, "Miricle-Gro"(the bible)... But that is not the only way to grow your garden green...

I mean, Yes there is an optimal formula to grow a nice garden, but not everyone uses "Miricle-Gro"... some of us use bone meal, blood meal, and chicken manure. While others use, bat guanno, soy meal, and fish emulsion. And yet there is the person who is afraid to experiment, who swear that "Mirical-Gro" is the only way to go....

• Purza
    Purza

We never use miracle grow. Every year we add amendments to the soil that include chicken manure and all kinds of other good stuff (can't recall at the moment what else is in it). Then we use sun and water and boy our plants are growing like you wouldn't believe. I use food for my roses to prevent aphid attacks and I also fertilize my dwarf orange tree with citrus food (recommended because I have it in a barrel). That is pretty much it. I have heard that using epsom salt on roses really gets them going.

I assume you were asking about veggies and flowers.

Purza

Edited to add: I took your post literally and not figuratively which I think is what you mean't. Sorry, I don't think that way anymore; however, there is much more to figuring out life then trying to live by someone's so called "manual". JMHO

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Strange thing about the Bible is that though it is full of shit it's affects on spiritual growth is more along the lines of Agent Orange. IMHO.

j

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

Strange thing about the Bible is that though it is full of shit it's affects on spiritual growth is more along the lines of Agent Orange. IMHO.

j

ok, I can agree with that to a point... I guess what I was getting at was that anybody can get Miricle-Gro at Wal-Mart, just like you can find a bible in every christian home... And hey, Miricle Gro works, you can get Beautiful flowers(people) by using it, and of course you can use too much and kill a plant. Agent Orange is only cabable of killing... my point is that(if I have one.. lol) that a lot of people will chose this product based on it's easy to follow instruction...

Me, I'm not a Miricle-Gro kinda guy, I gotta figure it out for myself... use this amendment, that amendment... Some times the results are not as hoped for, but hey, I learn..

In the end all the flowers are beautiful...

This is an ongoing thought for me at the moment so bare with me

• juni
    juni

Personally I never liked Miracle-Gro. Didn't think it did a very good job. I use AGED cow manure. Fish emulsion is also very good, but stinks.

Another tip: My daughter's spring bulbs were getting eaten by rabbits (the leaves). She put a little fox urine around each one. That kept all of the critters away and she had a beautiful spring bulb garden.

Juni

OOOPS! Didn't know this was a thread discussing the antitypical and typical Miracle-Gro. I thought you were looking for advice for good fertilizers OFG ! hee hee hee

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas
    Me, I'm not a Miricle-Gro kinda guy, I gotta figure it out for myself

In other words: it's time to stop reading the menu (the Bible), and start eating the food.

j

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass
    In other words: it's time to stop reading the menu (the Bible), and start eating the food.

more like, don't give me some refined processed manmade food, give me the real shit (guanno)

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Books are Ok for many things and great for fiction. However, when it comes to what the word G-O-D points to, there needs to be somethings far more substantial and real....at least for some. I see this as a healthy sign.

j

• Scully
    Scully

I've always liked dandelions. They're lovely yellow flowers that need absolutely no attention to grow and thrive. You can pick the leaves and make salad with them, and I hear you can make some really interesting wine with them too. The leaves, when dried and made into a tea infusion, are a diuretic. The roots, when dried and ground up, can be used to make a beverage similar to coffee.

And then when the flowers are done blooming, they turn into puff balls that little kids like to blow into the wind and and watch the seeds float away on a breeze. If I remember correctly, you are supposed to make a wish before you blow the dandelion puff ball apart.

Who needs Miracle Gro when you can have magical magnificent dandelions?

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass
    I've always liked dandelions. They're lovely yellow flowers that need absolutely no attention to grow and thrive.

yeah, are you saying that you wish there were only dandelions? there are many Unique flowers just like there are many uniqe people... Try giving Miricle-Gro to an Orchid.. Won't work... give Miricle-Gro to dandelions, might not be able to tell any difference

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit