Need serious information.

by Sparkplug 18 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Blondie,

I sent her a letter. We will see what she can tell me about legalities. I also put some eyes out so that even if my brother refuses to say where he has moved, that I might locate him.....That is all for now. I guess.

• free2beme
    free2beme

You could be arrested for interfering with the religious functions and trespassing.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

First I want to echo what Blondie had to say. Excellent points as always.

Kim is fantastic to talk to. She knows her stuff. If all lawyers were like her . . . .

But assume (and you know what happens when you assume) for a moment that there is nothing that can be done, no legal remedy, action, etc. that would be satisfactory. It is from this standpoint that I am making this post.

I feel a great deal of empathy for you, as there are similarities to my past. My father is still a ministerial servant. This despite the fact that his worldly mother was willing to tell what he had done. Nothing, no "counsel", no talking to, no privileges were ever removed and so on. I screamed from the rooftops about him for 4 years, to every elder in every congregation, every CO, every DO that was humanly possible.

The only thing that ever happened was 2 elders arranged for a "meeting" between he and I. Nina took notes and if you ever want to read them you can, but it was a sham from the get-go. The point of the meeting was to intimidate me into silence, not to deal with my pedophile MS father. It was the last time he and ever spoke; that was 1992.

It was at that point, I let the whole JW thing go. I came to an understanding that, at some point, there is no chasing after windmills. I cannot change others. I can't change the past. But I can change how I feel about them.

Decki, I'm not telling you what to do. Everyone has their line. I took it as far as I could, until I was satisifed I'd done all I could. To do more would have started hurting me. You have to decide on your own where your line is.

This organization protects offenders and does all they can to hurt, intimidate and silence victims. They do not give a damn about those who have been hurt and abused. Nor will they ever. One day, if we are very very very lucky and cunning, change can be forced upon them.

I guess where I'm coming from is I don't want to see you get upset over a situation that won't be changed any time soon, if at all. I can't help but feel a little hypocritical since I did the same, and more, when I was in your shoes.

I don't know. Do what you need to do, but I urge caution. This sect hurts people. I don't want to see you hurt.

Chris

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

The idea of news coverage for the announcement is excellent!!

Does anyone leave their car windows down? Stick flyers inside, maybe?

Make sure it is phrased as a question and not a statement.

I agree!!

Whatever way you choose to go about this, just be sure to cover your ass first. By that, I mean since he's never been convicted of anything, any "bad" statements you say or write about his character will constitute slander, and he could get you in trouble!

So, for me, if I want to tell anyone around my pedophile uncle what he's really like, I would have to say something like:

"You know, Mike, 7 years ago, I attempted to bring numerous molestation/rape, etc. charges against your friend, my Uncle 'Jimmy', but the case never made it to court."

Perfect. You don't have to directly say what you know, but there are ways to say what you mean so that it will register in their minds the way you intend it to!

• freetosee
    freetosee

Hi Sparkplug, I just want to say it is great you don’t want the molester to get away with this and want to protect victims by exposing cover-ups.

Thank you, freetosee

• Saoirse
    Saoirse
    Maybe a Web site could be set up in Malaysia to out people in situations like this...just a thought. Then emails from an anonymous account to local JWs should be enough to make it public.

What an excellent idea.

What about sending letters to the neighbors of the pedophile? Since the JW molesters are rarely taken to court the general public has no chance at finding out about these guys. At least the JWs get the benefit from the ever present rumor mill.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

It is indeed a serious situation. I for one am leaning toward getting media attention. Like you said, show people that when persons are disfellowshipped, nothing is said of what was done. So the congregation is kept in limbo as to the real dangers. Allowing pedophiles to stay in congregations. How disgusting.

I would go to the members of government that are involved with protecting children from sexual predators. If churches were forced to divulge the names of perverts to protect congregations of all religions it would be great. I have no idea how that could be done in the USA .

The idea of a Mayliaisan website sounds interesting , how is this done and what are the benefits in doing that? Could someone explain to me please. I would appreciate it very much.

I do hope that all of you who have had terrible atrocites done to them remain strong to fight those depraved persons. Lets ADVERTISE, ADVERTISE, ADVERTISE , the WTS is going DOWN DOWN DOWN.!!!!!!!

all the best

Orangefatcat.

• simplesally
    simplesally

You could call child protective services in his area. Anonymous reports are accepted.

• rassillon
    rassillon

I always thought I would try this approach if I needed to let everybody in my hall know something Get about 50 to a 100 bandit signs with a quick message on it and put them up and down the street(s) near to and leading to the hall. http://shop.banditsigns.com/custom-signs-c-39.html Then sit back and watch....Do it on a HOT sunday during the meeting.....watch the brothers break a sweat trying to pick them up. stuffing them in their cars. Everyone would be talking about it..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit