Need serious information.

by Sparkplug 18 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Without revealing names, for I do not want this person to be alerted, I have a few questions about how one would go about making sure an abuser is made public, even if not prosecutable after several decades. I have several family members that are stil JW's. After many many years they have decided to locate a person/plural, who molested them.

From what I have been told, the person found holds a position in the congregation as does his father...and such. The elders when talking to my family were really enthusiastic and forward and located this person very quickly. But now, I am told that it is so old, that he has shown to be a different person, and will be handled by the congregation in a expedient matter.

I was handed this information and the person telling me was so happy because "Jehovah reveals everything". That person was actually telling me that the congregation would be safe because this person would have an anouncement from the stage, and could be disfellowshipped. WTF. What about Justice? Nobody is told this person hurts little children, nobody checks to see if his children were abused, nobody makes him pay for the damage done. For all the congregation knows, he could be a good old fornicator like me. Perhaps he had sex before marriage.

Do you see what I am saying? I have a sibling that is a child molester. He went to prison and the public and everyone is at least warned. But this other person will not have such said punishment. He will probably get a slap on his hand because even my mother said, that he obviously has changed his life around, look he is a pioneer....I say it again...

WTF???

I sit here so angry because he also is a molester! I asked my mom what about the kids that do not know this and go around him now? What about the people who are not JW's? How are they to keep their kids safe. She actually told me she is not responsible and Jehovah will exact justice. I am so mad, and so angry right now. So basically No JW's will be told to protect the kids in the borg and especially, nobody outside the borg will have a clue.

Then add to that, that there is no price to pay for what was done. Mind you nobody has told me what all was done, but I know none of my siblings in question have a normal love life, and one actually has no life at all. The one wallows in self pity and depression eats like there is no tomorrow and really is on a path to self destruction.

Both have failed marriages and no children. They both have become hermit like. So with that said, would I go to jail if I walked up in his congregation and spouted off what he did?

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

I was serious. Can you go to jail for walking into a KH and announcing to all what happened? Perhaps waiting until he is reproved or such so that everyone know this did happpen. Can you go to jail?

Or, if I sent it to the paper and wrote the paper and called attention to JW cover ups? How do you go about it? How do you do this?

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I sure dont know the legal answer to this sparky. The common sense view tells me you cant get in trouble for telling the truth.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Maybe a Web site could be set up in Malaysia to out people in situations like this...just a thought. Then emails from an anonymous account to local JWs should be enough to make it public.

What do you think?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Perhaps a nice big sign in front of the Kingdom Hall:

Is [Name] a Child Molester?
    Are the elders hiding his past?

Make sure it is phrased as a question and not a statement.

• blondie
    blondie

Don't assume that nothing can be done.

Check with your local governmental legal agency that prosecutes (not arrests, prosecutes) sex offenders. They can tell you what the statutes of limitations are in your state.

The younger the one molested that reports, the more likely it is still going to be a "live" situation.

Based on that then proceed as they direct perhaps to law enforcement or child protective services.

Even if the case is too old to prosecute, it may lend weight to a current cases that is being investigated.

Also, please contact Kimberlee Norris (a non-JW lawyer who works with JW abuse cases)

http://www.lovenorrisattorneys.com/jehova.html

She also maintains a database and your information could help her as well.

Blondie

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

I like both ideas. I am at the point where I see how this has toen my family apart in so many ways and although what was done exactly to me has not been revealed, I know this person did threaten my one sibling with death but made it look like it was over something else. I hear tell these guys have a father who is a CO, so I am afraid that this will be swept under the rug.

Auld soul, How do you do that. I would like to see the congregation elders cover it over, then there is proof that it is not addressed by JW's, and then send everyone an email. I have no clue how to set up what you say, and how would I get the email adresses?

I would buy a ticket to where this was and picket if I had to. Even if I am shut down, I want my family to know that I would not ever do to them what they did to me..Let a cover up happen that is.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I've got an idea: can you find out when it's going to be announced? Can you get in touch with a news reporter and quietly attend that meeting with the reporter so they can see how it's done and then get an article written about a child molester in town? Do you want some help with that? Is it in our area?

Nina

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Blondie, I have looked at the silent lambs page and it has a place where one can tell what the limitaions are by state. But I cant seem to find the info for the state in question. I am in Texas. this happened at least 5 or six states away and I hear the one they found has moved to another state.

I will contact her.

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, contact Kimberlee...she's a good Texan. The fact that she practices in your state will make her of even more help.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit