the Power of Prayer?

by darcy 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate
    I think the above post really lays things out as they are. What bothers me about those who believe prayer works is that they cannot seem to accept any other reason a situation has changed for them

Well, this would be supposing that all believers are of lower intelligence, stupid, delusional and psychotic full of all types of abberant abnormal psychology.

The Bible is deeper than most people have ever delved into it. Yet they are full of condemnation for it and those who believe.

Matthew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

John 6:37 All those who the Father gives me will come to me. Him who comes to me I will in no way throw out.

John 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

Joh 14:18
    Verse 18. Comfortless. Greek, orphans. Jesus here addresses them as children, Joh 13:33. He says that he would show them the kindness of a parent, and, though he was going away, he would
    provide for their future welfare.
    And even while he was absent, yet they would sustain to him still the relation of children. Though he was to die, yet he would live again; though absent in body, yet he would be present with them by his Spirit; though he was to go away to heaven, yet he would return again to them. See Joh 14:3.

{1} "comfortless" or, "orphans"
    {r} "I will come to you" Joh 14:3,28.BARNES

When one has a personal relationship with Jesus, one knows, without a doubt. That person will be willing to face hungry lions in the Roman arenas, face death on a Roman cross, face beatings and stonings for Him, yet may also be so weak that they would deny ever knowing him as did Peter. We are not perfect but forgiven.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit