HOW to CONVERT a JW from their wacky ways

by Terry 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Living in fear of being disfellowshipped immediately disappears when you are disfellowshipped!

So true. What a relief.

• Terry
    Terry

I know it is corny and touchy-feely, but; it is very true that the best way to rid yourself of a fear that has you in an

icy grip is to face it square on and go through it.

Disfellowshipping really comes down to being tickled.

I'll tell you how.

I use to be so ticklish I'd practically pass out if anyone even started coming toward me with "intent to tickle".

But, upon careful analysis I discovered it wasn't being tickled that was triggering my response.

It was the anticipation of being totally out of control.

They key word is "anticipation".

Try tickling yourself; it just doesn't work. You know why? YOU ARE IN CONTROL.

So, when I discovered it was a control issue I set about finding exactly where that was located inside my head.

I practiced actually inviting people to tickle me.

You'd be amazed at how quickly you "get it" there is no__there__there.

That's my analogy.

DISFELLOWSHIPPING is no different. It is the fear of being out of control, disapproved of, condemned and cast out which is at the root of the terror some people have.

DISFELLOWSHIPPING is just a bunch of silly nerds in a room trying to muscle you into make-believe. It is a fraternity prank. The ceremony is nonsense and hullabaloo. You have to look at the committee as being composed of losers who can't even get a good job or escape K-mart fashion hell trying to spook you into burning incense to the Brooklyn emperors. It is silly and empty of any "meaning" at all.

And THAT, my friends, is the only real barrier to breaking free from the Kingdom Hall Nazis.

• omerp
    omerp

Your right about what you just said but what about those who have families and feel trapped because they don't want to be shunned and lose contact with them! Those are the ones I feel sorry for.

• Terry
    Terry
    Your right about what you just said but what about those who have families and feel trapped because they don't want to be shunned and lose contact with them! Those are the ones I feel sorry for.

I use to feel sorry for myself that I was shunned.

Then, gradually I came to a "EUREKA!" moment of crystal realization.

Why would I want to continue a relationship with totally delusional people who would willingly write me off at a moment's notice?

Such people have make-believe values which they set above reality itself. They are convinced they are totally right and the rest of the entire planet Earth is dead wrong. They gleefully anticipate the destruction of men, women, children and society because their furious Sky God needs to be appeased.

What is wrong with this picture?

I see now that the only road to sanity away from a cult is a clean break so that clarity and perspective becomes possible.

A delusion as powerful as Jehovah's Witnesses is like a vortex in a whirlpool. Everybody who jumps in starts circling the drain and eventually disappears into that black hole of utter and total "certainty" from which there is no escape.

• RevFrank
    RevFrank

Excellent

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Sad but true

DEPRESSION!!

I know so many pioneers who suffered from some unidentified malaise that sapped all their energy and made them listless and unhappy.

They had no idea what it was, because after all, if you are a pioneer you are right in the middle of jehoobers spiritual paradise..

• Terry
    Terry

When I was a full-time Pioneer I started out on a manic high.

It didn't take long before I was on a depressive low that dragged me to the bottom.

The joy of full time service is illusory.

Notice the loser in the middle of that word?

• Dave_T
    Dave_T

Convert them to what?

• Terry
    Terry
    Convert them to what?

An individual person who thinks for themselves and does not need the psychological crutch of a monolithic organization to spoon feed them idiotic doctrines which cannot be questioned.

The lack of opportunity for mind growth among JW's is the real problem here.

When there is no safe harbor of debate (not for purposes of dissension, but, for information) repression becomes the order of the day. Where there is repression their is the death of the intellect. Humans can quickly devolve into mere automatons of duty.

The number 1 goal of JW's as an organization is obedience. The reason usually given for obedience is that you can't trust your own mind because you are fatally flawed. However, if you listen to other humans (equally fatally flawed!) who have an inside track to God's messege (anointed FDS) you can ride the coattails toward safety.

It is a pathetic death for the human mind.

• Kaput
    Kaput

THE OUTER LIMITS OF THE WATCHTOWER BIBLE & TRACT SOCIETY

(The following announcement precedes all meetings of Jehovah's Witnesses)

"There is nothing wrong with the information presented. Do not attempt to ask questions. We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it louder, we will bring up the volume. If we wish to make it softer, we will tune it to a whisper. We can reduce the focus to a soft blur, or sharpen it to crystal clarity. We controlled the past. We control the present. We will control the future. Please sit quietly and we will control all that you see and hear. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to...Jehovah's organization."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit