HOW to CONVERT a JW from their wacky ways

by Terry 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

Hello friend!

You and I have something in common. Yes, we do!

Would you like to know what it is? You and I are both faithful Jehovah's Witnesses. Right. We are part of the same team. There is only one technical difference hardly worth mentioning. I'm retired. That's right; I retired. I also don't have to call myself anything anymore.

What? You didn't know you could retire? You thought being "faithful to the end" was the only option? Nah! That's silly.

I took the retirement package called: Disfellowshipped.

Huh? Did I just see you flinch? Relax.....let me explain......it's not the terrible situation you might imagine.

You see, it goes like this. Jehovah is looking for lost sheep, right? Right.

He sends JW's out to knock doors and chat with anybody who will listen. Even a casual friend or acquaintance might be a lost sheep.

That's how I became a publisher. How about you? Right!

Anyway, I digress...

Once Jehovah finds you and spoon feeds you and you are baptised you go out and knock doors. Right, you become one of his faithful workers helping to free captives in Babylon the Great.

But, it is a little known fact---one I'm about to reveal to you--which makes all the difference in the long run.

A publisher who stays in the Kingdom Hall too long goes stale. Did you know that? I'm telling you the gospel truth here. Listen up and see if you don't agree.

You can tell when you've been at the old JW game too long when you notice these symptoms of staleness.

1.IT'S BORING!!! Every "new" book reads just exactly like the old ones. Adam and Eve in the first chapter and Armageddon in the last chapter. Five meetings a week make your butt go numb and your mind wanders. The voices of the brothers on the platform blur into a droning monotone. The songs are like bad Lawrence Welk recordings. You feel your mind melting into goo.

2.PRESSURE TO DO MORE!! Everytime you turn around you are being urged to do more. More field service, more magazine placements, more bible studies.....which naturally means LESS TIME for your own free choices. (What choices??) Having "free time" is made to seem like an out and out sin or apostacy. Recreation is viewed the same as fornication!! Having fun is a symptom of satanic infiltration!!

3.OBVIOUS ERRORS!! You start to see discrepencies in the doctrines. What use to be a marvellous expectation is shot down in a depressing "New Light" revelation that it was all just illusory. Things are said to be getting better and the end is nearer and the hope is brighter--but--you've heard it all before and it begins to look like some kind of---gulp! CON JOB!

4.DEPRESSION!! All that enthusiasm for the absolute Truth has become a fog of constant depression that you just can't shake!! There never seems to be a way out. You feel like a rat in a maze or a hamster on a wheel cranking away at a furious pace going nowhere! You can't get out of your financial doldrums or plan for a future--it is out of your hands. Your entire life is out of your hands! You are a cog in a wheel and expendable. The best you can do is put a good face on it and pretend to be fulfilled. It means your life is becoming a lie. You feel suffocated and want to run out of the Kingdom Hall screaming. But, you can't!

Does any of this fit you, my friend? Of course it does!! You've gone stale!!

But, there is a way out. Yes, there is! You can retire!

Remember? I told you it is called DISFELLOWSHIPPED.

Oh, now--really!! Don't react so violently! Let me explain. You get to remain a faithful believer; you don't have to give up Jehovah. Not at all. You just break free of the ratrace. You opt out. You have proved yourself as a sheep by hearing the messege, being baptised and going door to door. You also went the extra mile by attending countless awful meetings, right? Right. Eventually, once you are free, you will relax and take off the chains around your heart and your brain.

Once you relax and start thinking (using your own brain) you might start asking some questions again--only out loud!

You will be free to investigate what went wrong and made you stale. Why? Because you won't be afraid anymore!

Living in fear of being disfellowshipped immediately disappears when you are disfellowshipped! Why, because the real Armageddon is a mental state of fear. Everybody survives this. This is when real life begins anew.

When a President retires they still call him Mr.President. When you retire you can still be a Jehovah's Witness too!

But, you won't have to. You can just call God "god".

In fact, you will be free to not have to talk to God at all! Not unless you want to. No pressure anymore!

You can view "God" as an old friend like the teddy bear you had as a child that kept you safe and secure feeling when you were alone at night.

Or, you can go out and buy books that answer your questions as to why being a Jehovah's Witness seemed so wonderful at first and then became a ball and chain on your soul. You can do that----when you retire.

You can speak freely to anybody about anything; especially about how you really feel and think!

There are a couple of special bonuses to retirement. Want to know what they are?

1. You don't have to go to the Kingdom Hall anymore! You don't have to "fellowship" with those boring people with the blank eyes like dolls on a closet shelf! You don't have to guard your thoughts or your self-expression becaue you won't have to be around any of them.

2.You'll have the power! The power to do what? Well, remember when everybody was afraid of what an elder might think or what the Governing Body might do if they slipped up? Remember that feeling of dread? Now you have that power! Yes, JW's who aren't retired will dread you with a mighty power!! Why? Because the power of fear is a make-believe delusion in the first place and now it is your turn to be viewed wrongly has having a power that isn't really there. See how it works? They will mistakenly view you as being something powerful which they must fear, dread and avoid. Let's stop and laugh at these silly people. Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

3.You don't have to waste your precious time reading poorly written books and magazines with awful syntax and imaginary beliefs! Now you can read the Great Books that have sustained mankind for centuries. You can even read non-fiction for a change and learn about how the world really works. You can read about science and math and philosophy and especially the phoney history of religious groups that claim to be the only true sevants of God (but who are really just pawns in a corporate enrichment scheme).

4.You are now born again. No, not that way! In a very real way. You have escaped a mind-control cult. You have a foundation on which to build from the self-knowledge that making poor choices in life ruins your life. You will be able to see for the first time that life is about taking responsibility for yourself and not turning your destiny over to "others" who claim great powers.

5. Finally, you will discover that life is far more magnificent than you'd ever been led to believe. It isn't really all just a lousy plan to glorify an invisible power-broker in the sky! No way. Life is a vast array of choices for each person. There is no limit to what you can achieve if you believe in yourself.

So, how about it.

Ready for early retirement?

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Good article. And a lot of what you said is so true. Some of it was funny too. Thanks, Lilly

• Terry
    Terry
    Good article. And a lot of what you said is so true. Some of it was funny too. Thanks, Lilly

I just wish I'd known about the retirement package in 1969!

• luna2
    luna2

Excellent, Terry! Those symptoms of staleness are sooo familiar. I hung with it until I the depression got so bad I didn't want to get up in the morning, though. Slow learner that I am. I'm so glad I've retired!

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Hey, now! Lawrence Welk wasn't all that bad!
    Hehe, the congregation I'm with now can't carry a tune if its life depended on it.
    If it wasn't for my parents being hardcore JWs, I would take that retirement package today!
    Dave

• Terry
    Terry

I call mine MANDATORY RETIREMENT. Heh heh heh.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Good article Terry. I took voluntary retirement last year, though I think it would have been made compulsory anyway if I'd have waited for the elders. I now hope to enjoy a long and happy retirement.

• startingover
    startingover

EXCELLENT Terry! EXCELLENT!

• Scully
    Scully

*sigh*

I wish you had posted these thoughts yesterday before I went to work. I met someone who could have benefited from the way you re-framed being DFd. Sometimes having to remain professional and non-judgemental about other people's life choices (especially when I could have opened this person up to a whole world of alternatives besides Going Back to The Truthâ„¢) really sucks the big one.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Nice post Terry

Why, because the real Armageddon is a mental state of fear

I like that...I think about death and dying way too much for a healthy 35 year old, but recently I came to the conclusion that most if not all of my morbid outlook is rooted in my fear of experiencing abject terror (Armageddon). And that the solution to this is to develop a deep, unshakeable resolve (sorry for the WTS-style adjectives!) to always have at least a tiny bit of detachment regardless of what situation may arise.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit