A Kind and Loving God

by Dr Jekyll 36 Replies latest jw friends

• juni
    juni

Our deepest, heartfelt sympathy for you and the family. You were a blessing for Tyler and his mom and dad. It is so sad and gut wrenching to have the experience of being around very sick children and babies. Our granddaughter was born 2 months premature and it was sad to see her hooked up with all of those tubes and machines. And to see the parents' sadness can be overwhelming. As Fleur said, little Tyler's picture of his happy face is forever etched in my memory. Bless the little guy.

Love to you and peace,

Juni and husband

• RachelHall
    RachelHall

I am sorry Dr. Jekell for the loss of your beautiful little nephew....So many people have the same question as you do. If there is a God why oh why does he let these things happen. Many have lost their faith and I don't blame them. We can't or don't have the power to fight back...The deed is done and we are left with our empty heartache until the day we oursleves die. Don't forget that Satan had a hand in this too......Sometimes I feel we are pawns being used by both God and Satan.

• Lapuce
    Lapuce

It saddens me alot to see this nice little baby being dead, I have two kids of my own and I can imagine the loss you have, It gave me tears to my eyes...

Lapuce

• Robdar
    Robdar

What a horrible thing to happen. I am so sorry for your loss.

You are a good man and I hate that this has happened to you and your family. My heart goes out to all of you.

Love,

Robyn

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

I'm in tears. So sorry for your loss.
    tall penguin

• drew sagan
    drew sagan
    The dubs will tell us God allows it to settle an argument and that it’s alright because Tyler will come back one day. To that all I can say is “What a crock of Shit” I know I would give anything to have Tyler back because I loved him, yet Jehovah God who is suppose to be so much more loving than me and who has the power to bring him back sits on his great fat spiritual arse and does nothing.

The idea their is a pissing battle between God and Satan is a teaching that comes only from the Watchtower Society. Universial sovernity doctrine is really taught so that Witnesses feel that they are taking part in something special and eunique to their own organization. On the other hand most C hristians in general believe that God allows such things to happen because he is letting our sin be exposed for what it is, so that they recognize the only means for salvation. That we recognize their is nothing we can do on our own that will save us. It's a matter of faith and grace, not of Universal Sovernity. That teaching is quite flawed and I think in the end only confuses people and draws them away from spiritual discussion. Habakkuk is a good book to read when thinking about such things.
    I am sorry for your loss and do not wish to preach to you. It pains me every time I hear of such things. I wish you the best.

• bebu
    bebu

Jekyll, how emotionally crushing.

(But there are not enough hearts anywhere.)

You were such a great help and support despite your own pain. I thank you for being there for your sister's family. That will take a while to recover from, though.

If we as human beings are made in God’s image, if HE feels just a fraction of our pain and suffering, if HE has just a fraction of the love we can feel then why does he allow this kind of thing to happen?

That is a question no earthly answer could ever satisfy. Not even a promise of 'paradise earth'.
    The dubs will tell us God allows it to settle an argument and that it’s alright because Tyler will come back one day. To that all I can say is “What a crock of Shit”
    I absolutely agree with you here. We had better be more than pawns to merely prove a point, if God loves us like is reported. Such motivation has nothing to do with love. (I've never been a dub so this official 'reason' always makes me gag.) Isn't it amazing to see how someone so tiny and here for mere minutes can yet hold a significance greater than the entire world to us? But he really did. (And still does, imo.) Truly, I offer my sincerest and deepest condolences to you and your family. Thank you for sharing such a precious picture of Tyler. Thanks for being so thoughtful and helpful in this crisis. bebu
  • IW
    IW

Sweet, beautiful baby. My heart breaks.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Very sad, sorry for your loss and the loss to his family...

Don't spend to much time metaly beating up someone who doesn't exist though! It will only get you even more down...

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Thank you, Matt, for sharing with us the heartbreaking story of beautiful little Tyler; and may I echo unclebruce in acknowledging your presence and help in this extremely difficult situation.

As far as "God", I never found any satisfying answers from my mind and it's beliefs and deities. However, there is wisdom to be found outside the box of thought, like in the precious eyes of little Tyler. Here, shining bright even from the photo, is a purity unclouded by thoughts of right and wrong, good and bad. A pristine awareness which has built no walls of separation, or "other". What looked out from Tyler's beautiful eyes, saw only itself; and it made the body smile.

This very same pristine awareness -- just beneath all we believe ourselves and others to be -- is what we all really are.

Thank you, dear little Tyler, for the reminder.

j

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit