Barbara Anderson- Your new book on Russell

by IW 57 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Jim Penton would never post on this DB. I don't think it is posted on the internet in total...I think you have to pay for a copy, similar to the Walsh case in Scotland and the 1918 court trial of Rutherford and his crew..which means getting it from the court archives. Or from the pages of the Brooklyn Daily eagle. You could try contacting his publisher and having them pass along your query as to where you can get a copy of the transcripts.

Blondie

• VM44
    VM44

WitnessInc.com used to have the Russell vs. Russell court transcripts for sale, but currently they are out of stock.

When the transcripts were available, back in 1998, here was the ordering information:

Russell v. Russell, Divorce, April 25, 1906, 253 8½"x11" sheets (missing pp. 39 and 108; approx. 20 pp. faded but readable) $63.25

Russell v. Russell, Appeal, April 2, 1907, 279 8½"x11" sheets (missing pp. 56,86,157,212,234,258 and 283) $69.75

So altogether there were some 532 (253+279=532) pages of trial testimony available!

Perhaps they might bring back the Russell vs. Russell transcript if they receive enough inquires about it.

--VM44

• IW
    IW

Does anyone have Jim Penton's email address? Also, Barbara must have this info as well. Does anyone have her email address?

IW

• Satanus
    Satanus

I think amazing (jim whitney) had the scottish court case text.

S

• just2sheep
    just2sheep

so does this mean we should quit blaming the men for writing all that crapola and start blaming give credit to the women for writing all that crapola? i haven't read very much of russell's writing so i can't say whether he/she/they wrote all or part of any of the publications. i believe anything either or both wrote was purged as a result of rutherford's hostile takeover of the assets of the wtb&ts and the resulting "apostate war" between him and the russellites. if i were barbara anderson, mariah russell, or any other woman who has worked as a writer for the borg, i don't think i would be in a hurry to claim authorship of anything that was deemed acceptable by the con-men who have run the jws since at least 1919. would you want anyone to know that you had anything to do with anything that ever made it to the former "Quotes" site? i don't think i would.

• blondie
    blondie

You can pm Barbara here on JWD under AndersonInfo; she has been frequently visiting to check comments on her threads.

I don't have Jim's e-mail.

Blondie

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Jim Penton would never post on this DB.

Why?

• VM44
    VM44

WitnessInc.com also _used_ to have for sale the Walsh trial transcripts, but those now appear to be out of stock as well.

The trial transcripts that are available today from WitnessInc are the Moyle (1943) and the Rutherford vs. The United States (1918) transcripts. Both are useful for the information they contain.

--VM44

• blondie
    blondie

I guess never is a strong word. It would be very unlikely; he posts on only one ex-JW board that is made up of mostly "old fogies" and there only infrequently. If you want to contact him, I would do the way I would any author, contact their publisher; check the internet for any contacts.

http://www.utpress.utoronto.ca/

This is his most recent book (2004)

Ray Franz doesn't post here but he is accessible at [email protected].

Blondie

• IW
    IW

Blondie,

You can pm Barbara here on JWD under AndersonInfo; she has been frequently visiting to check comments on her threads.

Just did, thanks!

IW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit