arwen's disassociation letter June 8, 2006

by arwen 16 Replies latest jw friends

• arwen
    arwen

June 8, 2006

Dear There are many things that I could say....many true accounts that I could attest to of unjust acts done to people and inexcusable sufferings caused by many in the Congregations of Jehovah's Witness to others, at times by myself as well sadly, but there is nothing anyone can do now to make up for the wrongs that have been done to those that have been hurt....”leave it in Jehovah's hands” that is what I have been told by those in charge., this has always been the answer....so I will do just that knowing that He will repay those who have treated others so badly and that continue to do so. There are many that I love deeply who I am sorry to leave but I cannot with a clear conscience continue to say that I am a Jehovah's Witness when I know about the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society joining the United Nations as a Non-governmental organization. This is so hypocritical to the teachings that I have been taught about the UN. I have researched this affiliation to no end and the bottom line is: to join the Department of Public Information as a non-governmental agency..the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society had to agree to advance the interests of the United Nations which was done in issues of the Awake magazines that I myself gave out.. The WBTS also had to agree to share the principles of the UN charter. Just what are those principles??? One should find out..I did... We have always been taught to stay strong and not to compromise our beliefs. What is the WBTS /UN/NGO issue showing us? Hypocrites! The other issue that I have become aware of is that many children in the organization have been molested by members of the congregations and because of the two witness rule they have not been protected from these perverts...We have in fact had a pervert in the ***** congregation who would tell kids to put their little hands in his pocket for candy ...he was later arrested and spent time in jail for “sexual touching” minors under fourteen years of age.. This man's name was never brought up in our meetings and our children were at great risk with him being allowed to even attend the meetings..and who else is in the congregations that we should have been aware of? I have since heard of many that have been molested in other congregations and have not been allowed to report the abuse to the proper authorities due to this “two witness rule. There is so much that I could say but then maybe you will search this out for yourself. Silentlambs is a website that has true accounts of witnesses that have been abused... After deep reflection of the past, I realize that the Jehovah's Witness were a party to the abduction of my children in 1979 at the ages of 4 and 9. They were taken to another province by their father and hidden with a Witness family all with the backing of the congregation. I have in my possession a letter signed by three elders and given to him to show to the other congregations in order for him to be sheltered and assisted by other witnesses This letter states at that time that *** ***** was a witness in good standing and that I (his wife) had run off with another man. This is the exact wording.. I have never “run off with another man” This is slander at its best and I should have taken legal action at the time. So now the father of these boys is now an elder in Nova Scotia.....perhaps even advising parents to abduct their own children. Very sad indeed. This man has not spoken to his own son for years and does not even know the birth date of his only grandchild. Very loving man and fine example to a congregation looking for spiritual guidance.! If they only knew his history and perhaps they will.
    I am so thankful to God for letting me see the truth about “the truth”. The lies and deception that I have come to see in the WTBTS teachings have made me realize that I have been set free. My health has improved immensely and the stress and guilt that have been loaded upon me by this organization has been lifted and I am finally able to enjoy true happiness and unconditional love. I hope that you will find the real truth and become free as well.

Sincerely,

• arwen
    arwen

June 8,2006 To Whom It May Concern: This is to notify the Charlottetown Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses and the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society that I wish to disassociate myself completely from each and every aspect of these groups. The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society joined the United Nations in 1992 as a non-governmental organization and lied about its reasons for joining to its members. For this reason and many others that I have become aware of through research, I can no longer with clear conscience be a part of this organization. If my name is slandered in any way by saying that I am disfellowshipped instead of disassociated, I will be forced to resort to legal action for slander of my good name.

• arwen
    arwen

I also sent the letter from the United Nations along with those two.

• twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

Arwen

I've just read your letter and copied it to print out for my husband and some friends who also came out of the Org. when we did. It's a brilliant letter but I am so sad for you, It must have been sheer hell to have your children snatched away. I hope that you are back in touch with them now, and hopefully, they have come out of the Org. too. The paedophile stuff is sickening isn't it. Have you read the latest topic Re: Barbara Anderson v WT? I just wish that the governments/authorities would crack down on the Witnesses for shielding paedophiles.

Twink

• dmouse
    dmouse

Two points.

1. Don't it feel great!

2. Seeds planted; hope they bear fruit.

Well done!

• divejunkie
    divejunkie

I don't know if you've done it before, but could you post the UN letter too? I'm very curious.

Congratulations on your courage and determination.

• BritBoy
    BritBoy

Well done Arwen!

How terribly brave of you! When the shaking stops, keep up updated!!!

Brit xxx

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Arwen, that is an excellent letter. I so feel for you, having your children snatched away in the manner they were. I hope things are better now. I wish you a happy future now that you are free.

love

Linda

• daystar
    daystar

I deeply respect the bravery this took. Kudos!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

http://www.un.org/dpi/ngosection/pdfs/watchtower.pdf

DJ - I sent you a PM re; the Un letter to which she refers. Above is the link.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit