Post your JW demon stories

by M.J. 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• DesertRat
    DesertRat

Think I'll go out & buy up all of the angel figurines I can get my hands on (chuckle). Thanks for sharing, Lovelylil. Brings back memories of the particular insensitivity which many 'pioneers' seemed to have (especially one who told me that having suicidal thoughts meant Jehovah had withdrawn his spirit from me...how comforting).

Another 'biggie' that many JW's I have known associated with demons was windchimes--very popular here in the Southwest. Also images of Kokopelli--the mythical humpbacked flute player which occurs in Native spirituality & legends from North America all the way to Peru. So guess what I have hanging on my screened porch now--windchimes of Kokopelli .

Thanks too for the Smurf picture, Honesty (& the ensuing belly laugh). I once had a major crush on Smurfette

Desert Rat

• loosie
    loosie

I was told straight faced by a friends that the grey oval headed big eyes aliens that people were seeing in the 90's were demons coming in and messing with people.

• greendawn
    greendawn

In 1980 they were claiming at an assembly that a spiritistic medium woman said the demons were planning to launch a big attack against JW families to undermine and destroy them if possible, to reduce the efficiency of the JWs in serving their jehovah.

• Warlock
    Warlock

I thought that's was he's BEEN doing.

Warlock

• wednesday
    wednesday

I recall and elder I knew very well once said that he'd heard the demons were just dropping in the jws living rooms and basically saying "can we talk" apparently the boogie man stuff was not working any longer and they (the demons ) thougt they'd just get straight ot the point.

i swear he said this. and he's not known to be nuts either

calif, land of hot jws babes and demons that drop in to chat, sort of like Oprah.

oh the native american stuff scares everyone here, I have dream catchers, wind chimes,angel collectiion. , yard faries, yard gargoles, etc. love this stuff.

• Forscher
    Forscher
    # When brother so-and-so became a JW, he tried to rid himself of all his "demonized" objects by building a big bonfire. But they WOULDN'T BURN.

Not a JW urban legend. I've seen it with my own eyes, though not the instance which inspired the rumor.
    I remember an elder who moved into a rental house. The family told of strange bumps etc. at night coming from the attic. Sure enough, when they got up the courage to go up there they found a Ouija board. Supposedly the noises stopped after they got rid of it. I've often wondered though if they'dve noticed any noises if they hadn't of been primed for it by those old Awakes.
    Forscher

• Forscher
    Forscher

By the way, I've heard of Bibles not burning in fires. Does that mean that THEY were demonised as well?
    ;-)

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    Post your JW demon stories

i've *heard* lots of things. but the following is the only demonic experience i have ever had:

thanks for listening,

TS

• matey
    matey

i've never expierienced anything myself, but when i was younger, something weird would maybe happen and then i would think it was something demonic, when really it was just some weird thing, or i fell asleep for a second and woke back up or something lame like that.. and my friends stories are just as lame, like "i heard creeks in the floor".. After your told so many times that demons will try to fight against you, you cant help but use that excuse for just some weird noise.

• Kudra
    Kudra

Folks,
    A common irrational fear is that a specific book won't burn because it is demonized or something. BOOKS really don't burn. They are a big wad of dense paper. You need space (oxygen) between the pages for them to burn. People get all freaked out cause of this little physical fact...
    There are no demonic attacks, no demonized objects or anything "spiritized" that cannot be rationally explained. Believe me, I'd love for there actually to be something like that going on cause it would be so flippin COOL but it just ain't so.
    A sad sad thing is that people want to believe in supernatural stuff because it fufills their sense of wonder- if people actually read about science, space, atoms, crazy stuff in the deep oceans- all absolutely fantastical stuff that is absolutely true, they could fufill that desire. Yet they turn to psuedoscientific crap like demon attacks, UFOs, alien kidnappings, spirit-directed governing bodies...
    you get my drift ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit