Missing in Turkey?

by KW13 27 Replies latest jw friends

• KW13
    KW13

Thats right folks, mum and stepdad said on Thursday they were going to Turkey, and they left on Friday.

Now its Wednesday and no phone call or anything, despite mum promising to give me a number ASAP incase something went wrong over there or here.

Sooooo should i be worried?

Keep in mind, she is usually over-protective and that she's a JW. This would normally be at the top of her list.

• luna2
    luna2

They decided on the spur of the moment to go to Turkey? That's kind of odd, isn't it? I hope your mom calls soon, KW. I suppose its possible that they had trouble finding a phone or proper change for a public phone? How long are they supposed to be gone?

My parents never call me when they're traveling. I always think that the polite thing to do would be for them to call and let me know they arrived safely but more often than not, they just don't bother. Annoys me no end.

• KW13
    KW13

Yeh, mum came in and send they were goin and they went lol.

The thing is, stepdads phone isn't here so i suppose they have that and they are going to a decent place there with pay phones e.t.c

Also with her saying a few times she would ring. Last time they went anywhere and the time before that and before e.t.c they phoned.

They plan to come back Saturday 1am - Here

• luna2
    luna2

Do you know his cell phone number? I suppose you could try to call them. That's just weird.

• KW13
    KW13

I am hoping to find it, i'll let ya know.

• luna2
    luna2

I'm sure everything is okay but, man, I'd sure let them know that they've been pretty inconsiderate.

I have to leave now for a stupid computer course that's going to take me an hour to get to and is going to tie me up all day. ::sigh:: blah. Hope to hear that you talked to your mom and that all is well when I get back home tonight.

(((KW)))

• KW13
    KW13

tried to get hold of them, no luck. Phone won't connect. when they get back they can look forward to some yelling lol.

• carla
    carla

No clue as to what hotel they might be in?

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I am sure everything is o.k. (((hugs))), but I know you are worried and can understand why.

This is why I tell everyone when traveling, especially out of the country - to make sure at least two people are given your contact information including cell number and hotel information. That way if they do not hear from you, God forbid something does happen to you, they will at least know where to beginning looking.

• KW13
    KW13

No clue as to what hotel they might be in?

nope, they said they'd ring and give that info

;

I am sure everything is o.k. (((hugs))), but I know you are worried and ;can understand why.

This is why I tell everyone when traveling, especially out of the country - to make sure at least two people are given your contact information including cell number and hotel information. That way if they do not hear from you, God forbid something does happen to you, they will at least know where to beginning looking.

I agree 100% with that, thanks lovelylil.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit