The Watchtower Society Reforms! Would you go back?

by Fleshybirdfodder 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• under_believer
    under_believer

catbert, pretty inconsistent interpretation of "no part of the world." You may want to remember that Jesus followed that up with "just as I am no part of this world." You may want to crossreference that with the fact that Jesus ate with Pharisees and tax collectors, hung out with prostitutes, and knew how to party.
    As far as the political neutrality goes, do you need your (rather noble, I think) inclination to be politically neutral to be vetted by a religion? Can't you be politically neutral by yourself?
    In any case, in answer to the original poster, no. The reforms they'd have to make are too profound. It would never happen.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Nope.
    I agree that any change the WTS makes for the better will eventually turn it into something totally differant from what it is today. Think about their teachings on...
    -faithful slave
    -last days
    -blood
    -governing body
    -disfellowshipping
    -two classes of christians
    These are just a few of the doctirnes that would need to be changed. In fact, most are actually connected to one another. No Hell = Paradise Earth = 2 Classes of Christians = 1914 = Last Days = Faithful Slave = Theocratic Organization There is a ripple effect in which one doctrine causes many others to be created. I could never go back, because all of these things could never be removed.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I would never go back, whatever reforms they make. There is nothing whatsoever that they have that I want.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Joining their cult in the first place was a foolish and costly mistake on my part. There is nothing they could do to make me consider repeating that mistake.

W

• daystar
    daystar

Why would anyone? How ridiculous. I look at this like I would a woman who goes back to an abusive man because "he promises he's changed!" Just sad...

• james_woods
    james_woods

I have heard that it is perfectly safe for single females to check into the Bates Motel, now that Norman has worked out that thing about his Mother - he might even ask you up to the big mansion for dinner...

• muslima
    muslima

Now THAT was funny! Thank you for forcing the most sincere smile out of my face for days...:)

• Honesty
    Honesty

If I was really stooopid... Yes.

• steve2
    steve2

Here's an analogy that best sums up my views on the question of whether I'd ever return to the Watchtower:

If my pre-school education teachers apologised for the way they treated me back in the dark ages, I'd be pleased. However, because I'm now an adult, it wouldn't make developmental sense to leave university and go back to play school, nice though the teachers have now become.

• parakeet
    parakeet

The only recurring nightmare I've had since leaving the org almost 30 years ago is the JWs dragging me back into the KH as I scream and claw and kick to get away. So, I guess I'd have to answer: NOT A CHANCE IN HELL!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit