The Watchtower Society Reforms! Would you go back?

by Fleshybirdfodder 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• Fleshybirdfodder
    Fleshybirdfodder

I don't think I would under any circumstances. Under what criteria would you? Or wouldn't you? Why?

• lilybird
    lilybird

I would never return in any case because I have now learned to value the freedom of living as my family and I choose to. I no longer believe in an all-powerful God as some do.. but I do know that if I did choose to worship a God I don't need any kind of organized religion to tell me how to worship him.I wouldn't have the patience to put up with the scrutiny of other JWs and elders as to how I worship or how I live my life.

• free2beme
    free2beme

I think of it this way,

"A new car comes out from Dodge. Everyone wants it and they sell like hotcakes. Soon about a year or so later, a report comes out that shows that these cars have a problem with wheels falling off at speeds exceeding 50MPH and over 500 deaths have been caused, as well as seat-belt failure that has seen injuries that have people on the news seeing people crippled and maimed. Dodge states that they are recalling the car, and do millions of dollars of research and redesign. The next year they bring out the new year model of this car, and explain that they are positive it is safe now and make an extra effort to show all sorts of test, and reports to prove it.

Would you buy the car?"

• Fleshybirdfodder
    Fleshybirdfodder

Great points,

Lilybird,

I agree. Once you hit a complete change in consciousness and figure out who you are and how you define God, there is very little that any hierarchical, organized religion can offer you...

Free2Bme,

your analogy is spot on. I think we'd just be accepting "new light" (ie: same old crap), from a bunch of slimy salesmen.

FBF

• catbert
    catbert

My exposure to the web has shown they are one of the few religions that are really "No part of this world". Their neutral political stance to me is seductive. The only other religion I can think of that is as neutral are the Amish.

How many of you ex-JW's would go to war and kill for the USA?

• Fleshybirdfodder
    Fleshybirdfodder

Hi Catbert!

I'm Canadian, so I don't know if I can answer your question in terms of the United States. But there have been many, many conscientious objectors to war throughout history. However, I think some forget that war manifests itself in many different ways. Many applaud the Witnesses for their outspoken objections (in printing) to the Nazi persecution of the Jews and Bible Students. If the Witnesses were completely neutral, to whose attention would they be bringing these injustices to? Jehovah would already know. Where they encouraging through their brochures those (satanic) worldy powers with the resources to protect freedom of religion to do something about it?

Just a thought.

FBF

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

No, because it will still be an institution even if it is a reformed one.

• Confession
    Confession

The reform necessary to make me return to the JW religion would render it virtually unrecognizable from the organization as we know it.

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Hello, I would never go back...because I want to be a Christian, who is taught be the holy spirit and God.. Not by a few old men who want POWER over others, by calling them a GOVERNING BODY. I like home studies with a few people where everyone is equal. (all brothers)

• blondie
    blondie

When pigs fly!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit