Should I admit to JWs that I am disfellowshipped?

by jwfacts 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

I just had a situation where my soon to be brother in law came round to my dad's house to talk to him and I was there and answered the door to him. Although I myself feel a bit uncomfortable knowing what its like to be a witnoid facing a dfd person, I try to not play by their rules and converse normally with them. Its kinda funny to see them struggling to know what to do.

CS 101

• Priest73
    Priest73

I'd leave it alone. and mess with them...

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I'd say to the individual, "Hey, I heard you were disfellowshipped, are you?" When they say "Oh my God no!" you can say "Thank goodness. It would be really hard to cut off a good friend like you." Then I'd drop the subject.

W.Once

• searching4truth
    searching4truth

as long as your not trying to go back and aren't worried about disrespecting the individual choice of keeping there standards who cares

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I like Wasanelder Once' approach, and atypical's. I don't think W.Once' is very pragmatic, but it is very funny.

• oldflame
    oldflame

Of course it is your decision to do whatever but if it were me I'd say it was nobody's business who you are or what you are...

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

My thread has been resurrected, which is appropriate as it is now tax season in Australia, so I am getting calls from some of my JW clients. I have totally avoided mentioning my status where possible, and kept my mouth shut everytime someone makes an ignorant JW comment. It is amazing that it is impossible to sit with a JW for an hour without some wacky Watchtower statement being made.

One of my clients started asking all sorts of questions about my ex congregation. I eventually had to say "I don't go to meetings anymore, so I don't really know". She thought i was joking, and when I said I wasn't the look of horror on her face was very amusing. She did not ask if I was d/f and i didn't offer the info, but I doubt I will be seeing her next year.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit