Awake! 1969 May 22 p.15 -- not on any CD Library that I possess.

by Schizm 26 Replies latest jw friends

• beautifulisfree
    beautifulisfree
    Our "pattern" has not been "healthy" for a while

When were they healthy? The 'society' has always taught CRAP...

• Terry
    Terry
    Those who pen the articles for the Society's publications are only human too.

If a doctor or pharmacist makes a "human" error do we brush it off as unintended harm?

No.

We hold people accountable for their human error.

What compounds the error in the case of the Watchtower is who they claim is speaking THROUGH THEM!!

Either the Jehovah's Witnesses are mere humans printing, publishing and publicizing mere opinion or they are the mouthpiece of Jehovah.

Which is it?

The record of success/failure indicates they are liars.

• TheListener
    TheListener

I thought Babylon the Great Has Fallen was on the 1997 CD rom? I'll check tonight.

• Kristofer
    Kristofer

Is this on the Re-examine site?

• bebu
    bebu
    I'd far rather focus on things of more serious concern, than trivial matters such as this. To make such a big deal out of a trivial matter as this suggests that your motive is that of a mere faultfinder. People whose primary mission is to find a fault will always be able to find one. Chronic "faultfinders" do not impress me in the least. People who are willing to reason and discuss things in an unbiased fashion are who impress me.

I appreciate this statement.

That 'cow' statement sounds offensive to me, but I don't bother with too much with it because it is more a matter of opinion rather than something that is more objective. It's hard enough to be unbiased with objective stuff as it is.

You seem to be in a better mood these days, schizm. Hope that's so.

bebu

• searcher
    searcher
    Schizm Wrote
    Those who pen the articles for the Society's publications are only human too.

We are assured that they are lead by the holy spirit, and as such, their interpretation cannot be wrong, and that belief in the interpretation is mandatory. -- searcher.

You are taking things to the extreme, and unjustifiably so. If their interpretation had been *inspired* then THAT is when it "cannot be wrong". Of course the writers of the Watchtower do no claim inspiration, and you know that. However, they DO seek to have God's mind on the matter ( = pursuing the holy spirit). Merely seeking to have God's mind on a matter doesn't guarantee flawlessness.

Extreme? I only know what the society has written themselves, in their own publications, that they are Gods Organisation, that they are inspired by the holy spirit, that they expect followers to abide by that.

Are you telling me they are not inspired by the holy spirit?

They are either inspired, or they are not, they can't have it both ways, that would be dishonest.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

BTGHF was on one of the old CD-ROMs....but they removed it. And unfortunately, the database format in the old CDs is incompatible with Windows XP...how convenient.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit