Awake! 1969 May 22 p.15 -- not on any CD Library that I possess.

by Schizm 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Laia (Lyre) on the left, Leo on the right

From the movie Jungle Emperor Leo:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jungle_Emperor_Leo

• Schizm
    Schizm
    As with a cow, when a young girl who has reached her puberty is in physical condition to conceive and become pregnant, her sex emotions are greatly aroused. -- Example #1.
    As with a cow, when a young girl who has reached her puberty is in physical condition to conceive and become pregnant, her sex emotions are greatly aroused. -- Example #2.

I think it really depends upon what portion of the sentence you choose to highlight is what will determine your understanding of it. Anyone know how to spell "bias"? The real question is: Is it, or is it not, true that under the specified conditions a young woman's sex emotions are greatly aroused?

Anybody have any experience in this field?

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

I was a young person of 17 in in 1969. I consider that I have grown old in the system but the end has not yet come!
    Eyeslice

• atypical
    atypical

Schizm, you make a very weak point. Whether or not the words are true, and regardless of how you highlight it, the article sounds offensive and condescending. I suppose we could spend a lifetime pointing out true similarities, but that wouldn't make it productive or even intelligent. Would you like an article pointing out the similarities between male JW's and castrated dogs? I'm sure we could find plenty that would be true.

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

Hey Leolaia, I’ve got “God's Kingdom of a Thousand Years Has Approached” book on my CD of 2003! Was in taken off in the 2005 edition?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

You're right. :) Substitute "Babylon the Great Has Fallen" or that book from 1971 that mentioned the end coming by the end of the 20th century.

• Schizm
    Schizm
    Schizm, you make a very weak point. Whether or not the words are true, and regardless of how you highlight it, the article sounds offensive and condescending.

Even if it does, it doesn't necessarily mean the author of the article intended it to be that way. Ever write a letter to a friend and then later reflect on it only to have it dawn on you that it could have been better worded? Those who pen the articles for the Society's publications are only human too. The fact of the matter is that far too many parents fail to teach their sons & daughters enough about the birds and the bees, and as a result tragic things happen. If the article managed to save even just a few young unmarried people from having to endure the consequences of being caught up in a moment of passion, with its accompanying heartaches, then what's the big deal? I think you tend to make a mountain out of a mole hill, which is easy enough to do for people who have come to resent their former religious leaders.

I'd far rather focus on things of more serious concern, than trivial matters such as this. To make such a big deal out of a trivial matter as this suggests that your motive is that of a mere faultfinder. People whose primary mission is to find a fault will always be able to find one. Chronic "faultfinders" do not impress me in the least. People who are willing to reason and discuss things in an unbiased fashion are who impress me.

• searcher
    searcher

Schizm Wrote

Those who pen the articles for the Society's publications are only human too.

We are assured that they are lead by the holy spirit, and as such, their interpretation cannot be wrong, and that belief in the interpretation is mandatory.

Does your statement mean then that they are mere humans just stating a human interpretation, as as such, belief in the interpretation is optional?

• Schizm
    Schizm
    Schizm Wrote
    Those who pen the articles for the Society's publications are only human too.

We are assured that they are lead by the holy spirit, and as such, their interpretation cannot be wrong, and that belief in the interpretation is mandatory. -- searcher.

You are taking things to the extreme, and unjustifiably so. If their interpretation had been *inspired* then THAT is when it "cannot be wrong". Of course the writers of the Watchtower do no claim inspiration, and you know that. However, they DO seek to have God's mind on the matter ( = pursuing the holy spirit). Merely seeking to have God's mind on a matter doesn't guarantee flawlessness.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Ever write a letter to a friend and then later reflect on it only to have it dawn on you that it could have been better worded? Those who pen the articles for the Society's publications are only human too.

I agree with you Schizm that the FDS is not inspired. But in a circumstance such as you mention above, what would you do? Would you seek to find the letter and destory it as the WTBTS has attempted by shuting down websites that only reproduce their work? If that friend was offended and showed your letter to someone else, would you deny writing the letter and defame your "friends" name?

Or, would you admit your mistake and ask your friends forgiveness, which the WTBTS is incapable of doing?

As a practicing JW, I too do not focus on the trivial...a word or sentence here or there. However, I DO focus on patterns of behavior, because that shows a persons (or an organizations) heart condition. Our "pattern" has not been "healthy" for a while.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit