Awake! 1969 May 22 p.15 -- not on any CD Library that I possess.

by Schizm 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Schizm
    Schizm

Truthseeker posted the following quote, here: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/114458/2002789/post.ashx#2002789

I attempted to verify the quote by referring to the Society's Library, which I possess. In fact I posess the 1997, 2004, and 2005 Libraries. All three go back ONLY as far as the 1970 Awake! magazines, and so I was unable to verify the quote, at least electronically. Do any of you have an earlier version than my 1997 Library. I'm not sure what year the WTS produced the Library on CD. Was 1997 the first? If someone has an earlier version I'd be interested to know if it contains the 1969 Awake! on it. Of course I still have the hard copy of the magazine, which is stored away, but I'd like to know whether or not any of the WTS's Libraries on CD go as far back as 1969.

Awake! 1969 May 22 p.15 ***

If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years. Of the generation that observed the beginning of the 'last days' in 1914, Jesus foretold: 'This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur.' Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers. If you are in high school and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way towards its finish, if not actually gone! This is why parents who base their lives on God's prophetic Word find it much more practical to direct their young ones into trades that do not require such long periods of additional schooling… True, those who do not understand where we are in the stream of time from God's viewpoint will call this impractical. But which is really practical: preparing yourself for a position in this world that soon will pass away? or working toward surviving this system's end and enjoying eternal life in God's righteous new order?

Schizm

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

The English edition contains the WT from 1950 and the Awake! from 1970.

On the German edition both starts at 1970.

• blondie
    blondie

The AWAKES only go back to 1970 on the WT-CD; too much nonsense things in the 1960's.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

It's not on any of the CD-ROMs. As blondie pointed out, by starting the CDs at 1970, they get to avoid all the Awakes! and Kingdom Ministries that made incriminating statements about 1975 published in the 1960s, as well as the infamous "girls are cows" article and other "nonsense". And of course the choice of books is quite selective too, i.e. no God's Kingdom of a Thousand Years Has Approached or Life Everlasting In the Freedom of the Sons of God, etc.

• Schizm
    Schizm

Thanks for the replies, German & Blondie.

I posted this thread at 11:00 a.m. German posted a reply at 11:02 a.m. The internet is an amazing thing! Within a mere 2 minutes of my having posted, I'm able to read a reply made by someone who lives a world away, in Germany. Amazing, I say!

But Blondie, you don't REALLY live in the Bahamas, do you? Come on now, tell the truth.

• Highlander
    Highlander

as well as the infamous "girls are cows" article and other "nonsense".

Ok, do tell, I gotta hear about that one.

• blondie
    blondie

schizm, I move a lot.

• Schizm
    Schizm
    It's not on any of the CD-ROMs.

Thanks, Leolaia.

P.S.> Each time I try to type your screen name, I find myself having to look back at your avatar to check the spelling of it. I never can remember how to spell it correctly. You picked a hard name to spell, in my opinion. From where did you derive that as a screen name?

• Schizm
    Schizm
    schizm, I move a lot.

I wish I could say that. Here lately I've been finding it more and more difficult to move my body. Oh, you were talking about moving from PLACE to PLACE? LOL!

• Gopher
    Gopher

For Highlander:

Here's a thread with that 1961 Awake article equating females with cows.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/89649/1.ashx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit