Cognitive Dissonance and WT downsizing

by Lady Lee 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Amnesty Vendor
    Amnesty Vendor

These are all excellent points. Real experiences are so much clearer than just theories.

This whole period of adjustment is the very reason why they are not assigning these guys right into circuit or district work. wts needs to be sure that they stay true outside of the constant wt control. the few who past this new loyalty test will certainly be rewarded, but not too soon.

keep in mind that a frustrated bethelite can bring down quite a few, but a guy with real authority like a co or do on the loose, can cause severe damage.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Another Note:

Many Bethelites who had tried to apply with their wife as a couple were shot down. Reasons: The wife was not "fit." Or: It was Bethel's chance to get rid of your hide.

One Bethelite who looked totally lost surprised the department when he came back from an Island and brought his GF for us to see. Everyone was like WTF? You fine but he is a dweeb. Low and behold, he applied and got shot down. So he appealed, not surprisingly, he got shot down again.

Another Bethelite was well liked, but he talked his mind a lot so when it came time to approve the application ... boo-ya! Se ya later.

The WTBTS has created something that is going to start to boil over. It will not bring the WTBTS down but it will make harden the iPubs mentality with regards to dissenters.

The WTBTS does not consider your feelings. They brush them aside telling you that it's Jehovah's will. Bastards.

I know this is slightly off topic but it does relate to the feelings of former bethelites and how they are treated.

wac xelderxbethelite

• freetosee
    freetosee

"closest to the truth" argument

Under believer, that’s a very good point you’re making. Thanks!

• thecarpenter
  • thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

The struggles described after leaving Bethel service seems the same as the post exit syndrome experienced by institutionalized prisoners upon their release. Now many institutions prioritize a phase out, follow up program, so these people don't disappear through the cracks and have a bad outcome.

Well as this past weeks watchtower brought out, we do have a support system (the best in the world) to keep the friends safe in the congregation and from falling into the cracks, the local body of elders. They are trained from the scriptures and from the GB (the best training in the world) to handle all sorts of issues whether the problem be marital (the best marriage counselors), psychological (the best therapist in the world) or whatever (the best whatever in the world). You can be confident under the direction of the GB and the local body of elders, you will have the best outcome in the world.

• headmath
    headmath

I came to this site as an ex dub. I never considered looking on the net for anti JW sites . Just out of curiousity I started surfing the net and was astouded by the thousands of jw sites

I thought do people really hate JWS?? and then I started reading the info on the JW sites. There is some hate but it is only based on facts. Sites like JWD are undoing the damage of russel and rutherford

• garybuss
    garybuss

Lol @

Hahaha!! Very funny!!!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

wow I'm impressed. First because there are so many of you.

That original thread might be more on track than I thought.

I wonder though, will many go back to their old home cong, will they be assigned "where the need is great". The younger ones might be more willing to go on the hunt for info and support. You fellows could be the start of an very interesting web presence all by yourselves.

I suspect the ones who have served a long time will find it the hardest when they re-enter a world they are unfamiliar with.

Culture shock is going to hit them hard. As the theory of cognitive dissonance describes, the longer one has sacrificed the harder it might be to give up - "It can't possibly be much longer now!"

The younger ones? maybe they will fly the coop the fastest

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Lady Lee said:

I wonder though, will many go back to their old home cong, will they be assigned "where the need is great". The younger ones might be more willing to go on the hunt for info and support. You fellows could be the start of an very interesting web presence all by yourselves.

I suspect the ones who have served a long time will find it the hardest when they re-enter a world they are unfamiliar with.

I knew of a dunce Bethelite who got sent back home without a responsibility, meaning he was not assigned as many think they all would be. As was said, the decision to "assign" will be based on personality, character, company man, never got in trouble, good reports from home overseer as in never left his room a mess, table head - as in he was always present, work overseer - as in if he did not voice differing opinions and if he was competent at his work.

I would say if they have been there less than 5 years they would just be sent home telling them to, listen to this as I almost fell for it, they tell you to PUT IN YOUR REGULAR PIONEER APPLICATION AT YOUR NEW HALL BEFORE YOU LEAVE BETHEL SO THAT WHEN YOU GET HOME YOU WONT HAVE TIME TO THINK ABOUT IT TWICE. Pretty sneak eh? I was like, wow! Great Idea!! Good thing I did not.

I served for almost many many years. It was a struggle to re-enter the real world. I talked to a few long timers and they are terrified - especially the ones that have no family in the truth. In Bethel you roll with the High and Mighty and have no worries (in comparison to the real world).

The only suggestion I give Bethel (hope you are listening JR BROWN) ... You better tell them what to expect, don't give them the same dribble (Jah does not forget what you have done for his name) Well Jah might not, but the WTBTS does. I guess it's hard for you WTBTS SINCE NONE OF YOU KNOW WHAT THE REAL WORLD IS...correct? Yeah, that is what I thought. At least tell the truth!!! Yeah, I guess it's hard to break old habits. But for the love of God! Tell them that they will struggle, help them to get on their feet. I mean they GAVE their life serving at your precious castle. But you don't care. All you care about are #'s. Who cares if you lose a handful of Bethelites, you don't need them anymore, you got what you wanted. Well glad you are enjoying you reward in full.

Yes. I am enjoying my stay at Hotel California

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

As much as I want to see people get free it really hurts to know so many will be thrown out as disposable items. We used you and now off to fend for yourselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit