1. Apostates are divided among themselves and have nothing better to offer.
They are united in one thing though, they see through the lies of the WTS. I would prefer to disagree with a person based on the fact that we are at least thinking for ourselves and not being under the mind control influence of an organization.
2. Most left because they can't reach the high moral standards of Jehovah's Witnesses.
I did not leave for these reasons and a very, very large number have left due to doctrinal differences and a desire to find the truth, which they obviously did not find in the WTS.
3. All apostates can do is tear down the truth and offer nothing substantial in its place.
They have truth to offer in its place. Truth is substantial. Lies can only hold up for so long before a new one must take it’s place or be used to support the new lie.
4. Jehovah has always worked through an organisation.
Hahaha. If you go with that assumption, you should be a Catholic.
5. Some end up with silly signs outside the Convention.
Key word SOME. And also, because so many have been and are willing to withstand persecution and whatnot, by standing outside conventions with “silly signs”, many have paused long enough to think for themselves.
6. You get the feeling that some are using the child abuse issue to push a general agenda against the truth rather than simply for the sake of the children.
Wow, no comment. Other then to say, be on the other side dude.
7. Apostates accept secular chronology over that calculated from the Bible by celebrated Watchtower scholars. Tell me who the celebrated WTS scholars are and then we’ll talk.
8. I think Michael Jackson is an apostate.
Hm, no comment.
9. Jehovah's Witnesses are such nice people they can only have my best interests at heart.
Now, are you implying that all other Christians don’t have your best interests at heart? That JW’s are the only ones who could maybe have your best interests at heart?
10. Apostates have no hope for the future.
Said who? I do.
11. Some start out apostacy believing the Bible, but most lose faith in God.
There are many, many, many JW’s who are going through the motions day in day out. Field service, meetings, studying etc etc etc. Their faith lies in the Organization and not God. Big difference.
One reason to be an Apostate:
Freedom of thought is a beautiful thing. I wouldn’t trade it for the world.