Reasons for not becoming APOSTATE

by slimboyfat 27 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

1. Apostates are divided among themselves and have nothing better to offer.

2. Most left because they can't reach the high moral standards of Jehovah's Witnesses.

3. All apostates can do is tear down the truth and offer nothing substantial in its place.

4. Jehovah has always worked through an organisation.

5. Some end up with silly signs outside the Convention.

6. You get the feeling that some are using the child abuse issue to push a general agenda against the truth rather than simply for the sake of the children.

7. Apostates accept secular chronology over that calculated from the Bible by celebrated Watchtower scholars.

8. I think Michael Jackson is an apostate.

9. Jehovah's Witnesses are such nice people they can only have my best interests at heart.

10. Apostates have no hope for the future.

11. Some start out apostasy believing the Bible, but most lose faith in God.

I could go on and on.

Slim

• metatron
    metatron

This post is a joke, right? Nobody could really be this stupid, could they?

metatron

• vomit
    vomit

1. Apostates to me are some of the most suportive understanding people I have ever encountered.

2. I guess most left because of the actual hypocrisy manifest in various aspects of that religion

3. There is no "Truth" to tear down.

4. Adam and Even was not an organisation, the word organisation is not even in the bible.

5. Some converntion members wear silly badges and refuse to tip hard working people.

6. Might they be the very same who have been abused?

7. celebrated Watchtower scholars, I thought JWs refesed to celebrate birthdays as it gives undue attention to one person. Yet worship people before god.

8. Was he ever baptised? Was he ever disfelloshiped?

9. Let me hear you say that when somebody reports you to the elders for being on this site.

10. JWs hope for the future lie on the bottom of a glass of kool aid.

11. God is not available to comment on the issue.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Apostates are not a religion - they are those who have left - they don't 'offer anything' as an absolute alternative.

2. Most left because they can't reach the high moral standards of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Flat out bull - I left due to the moral failings of the witness organization.

3. All apostates can do is tear down the truth and offer nothing substantial in its place.

Since Jehovah's witnesses do not possess 'truth', I doubt the substance of this ignorant statement

Wrong - prove this!

Better than sitting and becoming lobotimized on the inside of the convention.

6. You get the feeling that some are using the child abuse issue to push a general agenda against the truth rather than simply for the sake of the children.

Just like some Catholics have pointed to the wrongs within that church and its pedophile priests. Same thing. Do you like pedophiles, Slim?

7. Apostates accept secular chronology over that calculated from the Bible by celebrated Watchtower scholars.

Woe to those who actually allow intellegent science and history to be used in finding dates.

See number 6.

9. Jehovah's Witnesses are such nice people they can only have my best interests at heart.

Yes - like the ones who regularly refuse to speak to those who were their friends for decades because they left - nice folks.

And niether do self righteous, self ordained, liars and false prophets.

11. Some start out apostacy believing the Bible, but most lose faith in God.

I lost faith in religion - God helped me to do that.

I could go on and on.

Please don't. I can't stand any more stupidity this early in the day. Jeff

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Jeff,

Glad to see some agreement.

Slim

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

They are united in one thing though, they see through the lies of the WTS. I would prefer to disagree with a person based on the fact that we are at least thinking for ourselves and not being under the mind control influence of an organization.

I did not leave for these reasons and a very, very large number have left due to doctrinal differences and a desire to find the truth, which they obviously did not find in the WTS.

They have truth to offer in its place. Truth is substantial. Lies can only hold up for so long before a new one must take it’s place or be used to support the new lie.

Hahaha. If you go with that assumption, you should be a Catholic.

Key word SOME. And also, because so many have been and are willing to withstand persecution and whatnot, by standing outside conventions with “silly signs”, many have paused long enough to think for themselves.

Wow, no comment. Other then to say, be on the other side dude.

Tell me who the celebrated WTS scholars are and then we’ll talk.

Hm, no comment.

Now, are you implying that all other Christians don’t have your best interests at heart? That JW’s are the only ones who could maybe have your best interests at heart?

Said who? I do.

11. Some start out apostacy believing the Bible, but most lose faith in God.

There are many, many, many JW’s who are going through the motions day in day out. Field service, meetings, studying etc etc etc. Their faith lies in the Organization and not God. Big difference.

One reason to be an Apostate:

Freedom of thought is a beautiful thing. I wouldn’t trade it for the world.

BSoM

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

I have thousands of 'apostate' postings all over the web and this is the # 1 smear / jeer / sneer i receive and is classic circular reasoning and how two wrongs don't make a right.

Total bullshit

• MissBehave
    MissBehave

Is he for real? Me thinks he needs to get thee back to a Kingdom Hall.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Jeff,

Glad to see some agreement.

Slim

It only looked like aggreement due to a posting mistake - since corrected. I could not disagree more. Jeff

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

1. Jehovah's Witnesses have no love among themselves.

2. Jehovah's Witnesses could never hope to reach my high moral standards.

3. All Jehovah's Witnesses can do is tear down everything not controlled by the Watchtower cult.

4. Oppression has always worked best through an organisation.

5. Jehovah's Witnesses used to carry silly signs saying "religion is a snare and a racket".

6. Jehovah's Witnesses protect people who rape children.

7. Jehovah's Witnesses accept Watchtower cult chronology over that calculated from the Bible by celebrated bible scholars.

8. I think Jehovah's Witnesses are apostates.

9. Jehovah's Witnesses are the most mean spirited people I have ever met. They even look forward to the butchering of billions, including infants.

10. Jehovah's Witnesses have no hope for the future.

11. Jehovah's Witnesses begin their apostasy by believing in God, but end up looking to the Watchtower as a higher power.

I could go on and on.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit