Austinmer/Bulli KH Burns! Arson?

by Stephanus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Ah, yes, a quick build. How many months of preparation will this one weekend take?

I'd like to get some pics of that for this board - I've been meaning to get down there with my camera to take pics of that KH just for reference purposes. Might get down there before they clean up the damage?

• AMOS
    AMOS

Stephanus, don't go near the place. You know how paranoid JWs are about anything like that. After the last one they were wildly throwing accusations around - looking for any scapegoat. Be in touch soon, you too JW83.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

LOL I never thought of that, Amos! You're right - they may well be in a lynch-mob kinda mood, and some of them know me as an "opposer". Time to get out the Groucho Marx disguise - hey wait, they've already seen me with a moustache and glasses!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

See if Prisca will lend you some of her leather gear!

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."
    Anonymous

• AMOS
    AMOS

I've been thinking. Considering the number of home handymen who were involved in the original building and the extension, probably the electrical (done by another home handyman) shorted out. Or, the rats ate the electrical. It beats me how JWs could even consider that ex-JWs would do something like that. Probably classic projection. Considering the numbers of ex JWs around the world, hundreds of thousands of KH would have been burned down by now. They have no more interest for me than a Roman Catholic church or Muslim mosque!

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

A little late, but I did find out more on this. The arson was committed by a local (non-apostate) nutter. He moved on from the KH into Bulli township and set fire to a catering establishment on the same night. The KH is still a pile of rubble, pending council approval. Apparently the neighbours aren't too happy about the proposed redesign because it will put the KH itself too close to their house and thus there'll be more noise/less privacy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit