Austinmer/Bulli KH Burns! Arson?

by Stephanus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• AMOS
    AMOS

Just had a thought. Is there any link at all to that horrendous bombing at Casula? They never got the guy but the police knew who it was but not enough evidence. That guy's wife and kids were hidden by congregation after congregation and he just went (or was anyway) psycho.

• OlderTom
    OlderTom

It wasn't the first and it won't be the last.

The Casula Kingdoom Hall went in a more spectacular fashion. They are still looking to thank someone for that one.

Unfortunatly some Watchtower clones entered the new system prematurely.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

On the subject of BBQ's, don't forget the next one for you happy guys and gals is on Sunday October 21st. It's not in Sydney! Looks like Austinmer KH is not available now, eh?

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."
    Anonymous

• JW83
    JW83

I've been a witness in Wollongong area since I was 8. Would love to hear from other Wollongong ex's. Feel free to email!

Jayne

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Let's see now, JW83 would have been a Dub for how many years d'ya think? 10, 15, go on, guess!

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."
    Anonymous

• COMF
    COMF

Have some anti-JWs reached the level of the anti-abortionists who kill nurses, doctors and patients at abortion clinics? How is this different from the torching of black churches in the American south by racial bigots in the 50's and 60's?

COMF

• drloss
    drloss

Comf

Before we all kangaroo hop to conclusions, has anyone confirmed arson? If so what evidence is there any xjw was involved? Has anyone claimed responsibility?

The reasons for arson are many and varied but the most common are vandals who destroy for the sake of it, fire bugs (pyromaniacs) or criminals to cover/destroy the evidence of their criminal activity.

Suggest we get the facts before we start wondering whether there is a radical element of militant xjw's who are "out there" to cause mayhem and destruction based on "bigotry".

• COMF
    COMF

Drloss, my words were not based on the assumption that this was arson by a fanatic exJW contingent. They were based on Kent's words in this thread: Where can I send petrol? and on the words of Francoise not long back, when he described the torching of a newly built kingdom hall as "a beautiful sight."

I don't find the deliberate destruction of other people's property to be beautiful. Nor do I think it is something to joke about. I haven't lost all sense of decency just because I'm an exJW. This mindset, that violence and destruction against the WBTS are good and desirable things, sickens me, and I have deep reservations about how far I would trust or want to be involved with anyone who flaunts such an attitude publicly this way, however tongue-in-cheek it may have been intended.

COMF

• logical
    logical

COMF,

For once, (this nearly as rare as me posting yellow smilies) I agree with you.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

I'm waiting for my next visit from someone from Bulli congregation (not likely - I think I'm on the DNC list). I'll ask them if they think the New York incident was some sort of judgemnet thing. If they say yes, or anything like it, I'll say "But didn't your Kingdom Hall just burn down?"

Went past the KH today - it looks okay from the front, but it's supposed to look real bad out back. Where are they meeting now, JW83?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit