Should I make a stink about this or not?

by merfi 43 Replies latest jw friends

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Just wanted to make one little point of clarification. If you look up the words disfellowshipped and disassociated, they are synonyms and mean exactly the same thing. As usual, this is just more JW word play. It's a distinction without a difference. So, whether you were disfellowshipped or disassociated probably doesn't have any legal relevance either.

We all know JW's are famous for their silly word games. Another example: I was always taught to say I was "fortunate" as opposed to "lucky" as the latter term was a superstitious one. Again, if you look up in the dictionary, both words mean the exact same thing.

Another example: the obvious (nonexistent) biblical denunciation of major blood fractions as opposed to minor blood fractions which are not even mentioned in the bible.

You might tell her you weren't disfellowshiped for fornication, you were disassociated for shagging! If she can't see the obvious difference, well, there's just no reasoning with JW's.

Cog

• Scully
    Scully

Hi Cog

The WTS does make a distinction between disfellowshipping and disassociation. In the case of disfellowshipping, the congregation is expelling the individual; and in the case of disassociation, the individual is leaving the congregation of their own accord. The results are the same, as you noted, but in this case it amounts to the difference (using a secular example) between being fired and resigning from your job.

Cheers, Scully

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    I think I've just talked myself into hitting "print" and licking an envelope.

Thanks much for your help

Way to go!!!

• uninformed
    uninformed

Scully,

You were incredible! Would you like to represent me in a lawsuit against the WT? (little humor)

Brant

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit