If you've never eaten a...

by Gregor 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Gregor
    Gregor

Mango, at the peak of ripeness, kept cool in the shade, then you have an unbelievably delicious experience waiting for you. Peel it and eat it with your hands, outside or standing over the sink. Close your eyes. You will never forget it. The most delicious fruit in the world!

(I know this is not extremely important, but I just ate one and wanted to share)

• greendawn
    greendawn

True mangos are delicious, they have a very strong exotic aroma, but do you talk about tree ripened mangos here or the ones you buy in the shops?

• hubert
    hubert

Is that one of those things the size of a grapefruit that youtear open and are full of seed, and you chew the seed juice and spit out the rest?

Hubert

• luna2
    luna2

Sounds divine, Gregor! Now to find a ripe mango. Hmmm It's raining and I might melt so maybe I'll look tomorrow.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I know someone from Jamaica. When she goes home she takes an extra suitcase just so she can bring back as many mangoes as she can fit in the suitcase.

The last time she came back she said the Customs officer told her she couldn't bring them into the country. She got a bit upset and told them she wasn't going to leave them. Well an argumant ensued back and forth and she gave in.... sort of

She told them if she couldn't take them home she was going to sit there and eat every last one of them. They decided it probably wasn't a good idea to put the plan to the test. She got to take them home

• hubert
    hubert
    She told them if she couldn't take them home she was going to sit there and eat every last one of them. They decided it probably wasn't a good idea to put the plan to the test. She got to take them home

I bet that would work with a case of prunes, too.

Hubert

• juni
    juni

That's funny Lady Lee! She probably would've had a good case of diarrhea too.

How do you know the mango is ripe? That's my problem w/exotic fruit or whatever; I never know if it is ripe. I believe you can eat the seeds, no?

Juni (I'll try anything once class except for sushi. Something about eating raw fish is all wrong.)

Heh Hubert! - You can't bring fruit into the country because they don't want any new bugs here. Even though they find their way here. I remember unwrapping tropical plants and having a lizard come zipping out across the floor.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    Hubert wrote: Is that one of those things the size of a grapefruit that youtear open and are full of seed, and you chew the seed juice and spit out the rest?

I don't think of seeds when I think of mangoes. You might be thinking of pomegranates???

There's lots of seeds in those and I think people chew them and spit them out. Too messy for me.

-Aude.

• hubert
    hubert
    You might be thinking of pomegranates???

Yes, that's what I was thinking of. Couldn't think of the name. edited to add:...Guess I never had a Mango.

Thanks, Aude.

Hubert

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    Guess I never had a Mango.

It is one of lifes unique pleasures. Try one when you have a chance.

-Aude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit