"Im Hot"....................

by vitty 21 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic

I've yet to experience the heat over there. The Dallas crew have been warning me. I think I'm gunna die. I was in the Caribbean last year and that was humid and hot. I remember getting off the plane, the heat hit me like a shock wave. And there was I getting off the plane in my Bermuda shorts as white as a sheet greeting the "natives", and them looking at me and smiling like I was from another planet. Two weeks later, I was brown and smiling, and I came back to England and froze for the rest of summer.

• z
    z

We have rain here for the past two weeks and now is 11c golf in the rain today played not bad but the f**** rain did not stop and so is tomorrow

So I'm not HOT lol

• greendawn
    greendawn

Mosquitos are easy to beat by using those little appliances that take insect repellent liquid, just make sure the room is well ventilated while using them.

I prefer to solve the mosquito problem by covering my body with a thin sheet but somethimes it is too hot even for that.

• Mary
    Mary
    Do you have an automatic icecube maker? Place a batch in a shallow pan (that will hold all the melted water) and put a fan on the backside of the cubes blowing toward you. It's crude but it will work.

It's true! I used to do this before I got an air conditioner. I remember one summer years ago was unbelievably hot and humid and we had no air conditioner. So I put my nightgown in cold water, rung it out, put it back on and put the fan on me. It helped alot but I'm surprised I didn't get pneumonia. LOL!

z said: We have rain here for the past two weeks and now is 11c golf in the rain today played not bad but the f**** rain did not stop and so is tomorrow

Sounds like Southern Ontario......after boiling earlier this week, the temperature has cooled right off and you need a sweater to go outside now.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I grew up in NewJersey and my room was upstairs. There was no air movement up their and when it was 95 degrees during the day it would only drop about 5 degrees at night. With high, high humidity it was brutal. Too hot to sleep.

I used to suck on ice cubes to cool off a little. Cool, damp wash cloth on my neck helped. Needed a bowl of ice nearby to keep it cool though because it quickly warmed up with body heat and room temp.

California is much more temperate. (Maybe you should move??) I have a/c but haven't needed to use it much. Just regulate temp by opening and closing windows. Ceiling fans can help alot, too.

I like the idea about a tub of ice and a fan near it.

Think cool thoughts...!

-Aude.

• Fleshybirdfodder
    Fleshybirdfodder

Spend a winter up here in North country. It might change your perspective.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

"Why of course you are..."

James Bond to Pussy Galore.

• Carmel
    Carmel

vitty, is your nickname "Mango"?

When yer hot, yer hot!

caveman

• ObservingTexan
    ObservingTexan

I remember several years back I was in Wes-con-son at the EAA airshow and it was a whoppin' 85 degrees. You should have heard the local Wes-con-son-ites complaining of the extreme heat. What a bunch of wennies. When it cools off to 85 here in Texas we call that a cold front........ no, an artic cold front.

OT.....

• ObservingTexan
    ObservingTexan

Sleep NEKKED Vitty..... it works in Texas!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit