Three tonnes of explosives and 17 terror suspect captured in Canada

by Elsewhere 22 Replies latest jw friends

• MuadDib
    MuadDib

"If you're arn't doing anything illegal why should you care if you get checked on? I don't care if they listen in on my telephone or whatever if it helps to catch criminals."

Holy shit, dude. That's got to be the most mind-boggling thing I've ever heard.

You might not like that accused terrorists are tried at public expense, but the fact of the matter is that this is the price of living in a free society. Everybody is equal before the law and everybody is innocent until proven guilty in a legitimate court after due process. If that makes you angry, then may I suggest moving to one of the ass-backwards theocracies that produce these terrorist nutjobs? Because over there they actually do insane things like monitor your personal behaviour, try and convict people on flimsy or non-existent evidence, and shoot people for treason (Jesus Harold Christ, what an inane notion).

When I see people advocating the suppression of the personal liberties we fought so hard to gain, and proclaiming that the government ought to be given the power of life and death over our personal affairs in the name of safety and security, it makes my blood boil. That anyone could be so shamefacedly ignorant is simply staggering.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Far out, three tonnes? What's that, a dump truck of fertiliser and diesl?

• Satanus
    Satanus

It will be interesting to see if this is terrorist or something else.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit