Were All God's Animals 'Good'

by Satanus 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Satanus
    Satanus

In genesis, god looks at all the animals that he created and he pronounces them good. Yet, the species that exist today are less than 1% of those that existed. http://www.bagheera.com/inthewild/ext_background.htm Were they 'bad' in god's eyes, practice for him? The bible claims that all of god's works are perfect. If they were also 'good', why then did the have to dissappear?

S

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    Were All God's Animals 'Good'

All except for the skunks....they were just 'so-so'.

• Satanus
    Satanus

http://www.bagheera.com/inthewild/spot_massextinctions.htm

The five mass extinction episodes occurred because of major changes in the prevailing ecological conditions brought about by climate change, cataclysmic volcanic eruptions, or collisions with giant meteors.

Millions of Years AgoName of Extinction EpisodePercent of Families That Died Out

Note

440Late Ordovician20 - 50 %Tropical areas are hit hardest. No terrestrial vertebrates have evolved yet.360Late Devonian 20 - 30 %Many fish and marine invertebrates die out.250End of Permian 50 %Greatest mass extinction ever.213Late Triassic20 - 35 %Dinosaurs and mammals had just recently evolved; both live through this extinction.66Late Cretaceous15 %Dinosaurs become extinct, possibly caused by a metorite colliding with the Earth. Mammals and fishes begin to proliferate. 65 million of years after this mass extinction, early humans evolve.
  • Satanus
    Satanus

Doubledge

Well, the ones that god couldn't make up his mind about, he put on a continent of their own, called australia, today. The skunks gave him a god shot, anf thereafter, he left them alone.

S

• OpenFireGlass
  • Big Tex
    Big Tex

When my son was little, he said that God did not like dinosaurs and that's why God didn't stop the asteroid from hitting the Earth.

For myself I'm rather relieved that fire ants and mosquitos are all I have to fight through rather than a T-Rex.

• under_believer
    under_believer

When I was a little boy, my mother told me that the Dinosaurs outlived their usefulness. They were used, she said, to keep the vegetation in check, to keep it from taking over the whole earth. Then God allowed the dinosaurs to die in the flood.
    I wish I were making this up.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Bigtex

Yah, me too, though i think sometimes that they might not have been as ferocious as scientists make them out to be. Wonder if christian-rex will drop in w an explanation to my original question.

Openfireglass

Sounds like a pitbull extinction.

S

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    When I was a little boy, my mother told me that the Dinosaurs outlived their usefulness. They were used, she said, to keep the vegetation in check, to keep it from taking over the whole earth. Then God allowed the dinosaurs to die in the flood.

I wish I were making this up.

Yes. That's the line of BS I got from my parents. Makes one wonder why god, in it's infinite ability, did not just create the earth ready for it's present inhabitants rather than create countless millions of species to do the dirty work and then slaughter them with a 'giant fire rock'. "God of Love" lol... To think I used to believe this crap. Jeannie *psst... hello, Kitty :) Long time, no see...

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    my mother told me that the Dinosaurs outlived their usefulness. They were used, she said, to keep the vegetation in check, to keep it from taking over the whole earth

My mother told me that too. For the same thing to be said both in the USA and here in Britain, it must have come from something printed

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit