I just gave blood and I feel great!

by hallelujah 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• greendawn
    greendawn

I am not surprised that you feel so happy after that since that blood you gave may save a life, and that is cause for joy.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu
    I wore my "Blood Donor" sticker to the memorial where I partook and crossed myself

Wow !!

You must have had a blood transfusion from a guy because that takes balls.

I gave blood first and only time april 2005 when the bag was almost filled I started to feel dizzy

told the nurse and wham my legs were elevated ice paks all over me and a woman massaging my shoulders. (didn't pass out)looked to my right as I felt better and there was an old lady almost done giving, smiling like nothing was happening she asked "are you alright" felt like a wus

Will try it again.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    I just hope all you blood givers ain't got bad traits in ya like being druggies, alcoholics, criminal minds, etc.....cuz I read somewhere's you can pass these traits onto those who get your blood.

Does a Twinkie addiction count, Gumb-Dude? I hope not, because I've given so much blood over the years it may explain the diabetes epidemic in the US.

• hallelujah
    hallelujah

Thanks folks for the reply. Actually I did feel a little drained for a few days but I suppose that's why they give about ten weeks before sending another invite to the blood bank.

The librarian looked not a day under 60 giving her 119th donation.

Once you've given blood there's no point squeaming about taking a blood transfusion if required. So it's a liberating experience.

Dan

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    In Australia we have only voluntary blood donations.

Whole blood donations in the US are not compensated, either.

Plasma donations, on the other hand, are. And unlike whole blood, plasma can be donated frequently and regularly; there's quite a demand for it in the pharmaceutical/medical industries. It's helped many a poor student struggle through college, or so I've been led to believe...

• free2beme
    free2beme

I do not do any needles with a volunteering attitude.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I'm not eligible for blood donation, but yesterday I became a blood drive sponsor! www.donatebloodnow.org

In my area, the blood supply is at an unsafe low level, and they're saying that if every annual blood donor would donate just one more time each year, they would never have a low supply.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit