I just gave blood and I feel great!

by hallelujah 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hallelujah
    hallelujah

In Australia we have only voluntary blood donations. It's quite amazing really that people regularly take at least half an hour out of their lives to give blood. So I joined them.

Dan

• damselfly
    damselfly

Good for you! We've just got the voluntary donations in Canada as well.
    I'd like to say I gave blood but I'm a huge baby about needles.They always say "this won't hurt a bit" and then "student nurse" comes in and can't do it properly puncturing my vein and blowing it so I have a huge bruise that lasts a week on my arm. : (
    Did I mention I'm big baby about needles? lol

Dams

• Synergy
    Synergy

Here too. I gave blood on April 12th for the first time. And I wore my "Blood Donor" sticker to the memorial where I partook and crossed myself. I had the blood bank take pictures and they're putting me on their website too. good for you!

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Do they give you a Twinkie in Australia?

• merfi
    merfi
    Here too. I gave blood on April 12th for the first time. And I wore my "Blood Donor" sticker to the memorial where I partook and crossed myself. I had the blood bank take pictures and they're putting me on their website too. good for you!

Awesome! I gave for the first time April 4th. Wore my big, huge coban bandaid thingy around town and put the sticker on the jeep. I wasn't *quite* as brave as you, but did write an editorial in the local newspaper about my first-timer experience. I mentioned how in the past, "misinterpreted scriptures and dangerous doctrine" had prevented me from doing my part in saving lives. Being DA'd, I didn't hear any feedback directly, but the ex, a JW (in a city 2.5 hours away), got it emailed to him from a 'friend' in my local cong. So I know word was out. Yesss... But on a side note, it feels pretty darn good to be saving a life. ~merfi

• Synergy
    Synergy

Merfi YOU ROCK! how cool is that!

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Don't you feel tired? I what of thought that giving blood would be a 'bit of a drain'!
    Eyeslice

• gumby
    gumby

I just hope all you blood givers ain't got bad traits in ya like being druggies, alcoholics, criminal minds, etc.....cuz I read somewhere's you can pass these traits onto those who get your blood. I got blood from a woman once and now I have periods once a month and ain't never had one before the damn transfusion They are a horrible thing.

Gumtampon

• myelaine
    myelaine

just go with the flow, Gumby...

you should be going through the "change of life" soon...

well...look at your age...

michelle

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

Congrats to you. I gave a pint awhile back instead of drinking one and it really went well. In fact, I should be getting a reminder card this week as my 56 days will be up shortly. I'll do it again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit