Things JW's write: "It is reasonable to conclude"

by under_believer 12 Replies latest jw friends

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I wouldn't even like to try and guess how many times I either heard, read or said those words while I was a jw. It seems like a standard witless phrase, one of several that they use. I doubt that there are too many free thinkers in the writing department, so I would imagine that they don't really feel anything when they write stuff like that, it's become a stock phrase for them.

• MuadDib
    MuadDib

Look at the garbage scholar writes when he posts here. If he can put that drivel out without feeling like a total maroon, then I imagine the writers of the WT can do it without a second thought. It calls to mind the passage in 1984: the truly mind-boggling thing, perhaps, is that they really, genuinely, actually believe.

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

Another term I seem to remember from the JFR/Franz years for imposing supposition for fact was "manifest/ly" When something was "manifest" you could bet your boots that either JFR or Franz was introducing a wild speculative idea. On the part of JFR, courtesy of his favourite "spirit guide" one Johnnie Walker, esq.

Cheers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit