Dubs and witchcraft

by kittyeatzjdubs 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

Does anyone remember the Awake (or was it Watchtower?) article that the borg put out about witchcraft? I think it was around 2000 or 2001...maybe later. I remember the picture of the women dancing on the front cover in front of the alter w/ the pentagram and everything on it. It was funny b/c my mother knew that I had read books about wicca when I was younger and she was asking me what the different symbols meant. So I told her and it was like the more I told her, the madder she got at me! I was like WTF??? You asked me and I told you. Don't get mad at me!

It's funny now though, b/c it just goes to show how immature most dubs can be.

So does anyone remember what I'm talking about?

luv, jojo

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

Anyone?

• daystar
    daystar

I'm curious too. I'd been out ten years by then, so I never got that mag.

I wonder if their opinions are just as uninformed as most other Christians. Oh, who am I kidding? Of course they are and probably worse!

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

Yes Daystar....it was a very retarded article. luv, jojo

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

Has it got a few ladies, wearing flowers around their heads, dancing in a circle?

INQ

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

Yes, yes, I remember looking for it in my dad's old mags, because I was still a JW, but was fascinated by Paganism and Witchcraft. I wanted to know which arguments they used against it.

I remember it saying that paganism and wicca were very naughty because people start to think of themselves as gods and thrust in their personal powers instead of His. It also had the usual verses and non-sense . I liked the pictures actually, they made me want to learn more about it, and that's when I started to buy books.lol The ladies dancing around a bonfire with flowers in their hair and white robes....ahhh.lol

• Brigid
    Brigid

I've been out too long to have gotten the mag. Sounds like the usual grossly mis-informed drivel, but then again, some things are meant to be "Hidden" and carry the skull and crossbones, so to speak to keep out those who "not ready".

I liked the pictures actually, they made me want to learn more about it, and that's when I started to buy books.lol The ladies dancing around a bonfire with flowers in their hair and white robes....ahhh.lol

I had to laugh at this, because I remember when I was a kid, looking at the picture of Solomon offering incense to the Goddess and thinking She is so beautiful....then I thought, Solomon was the wisest person on the earth and he turned to the gods eventually.....things that made me go hmmmmm.

All the renderings of the gods made me perk up during the dull studies. They seemed so real, so colorful next to the mean, cold, sterile, formless wts diety.

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs
    Has it got a few ladies, wearing flowers around their heads, dancing in a circle?

Yep yep yep!!! That's the one.

Hi Brigid! I just bought that book today on my lunch break. Can't wait to read it!

luv, jojo

• greendawn
    greendawn

You are right her reaction was strange, you might as well have said I don't know. The real witch with enormous power to harm is the WTS itself, with its chief sorcerers the GB and their CO assistants.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    It's funny now though, b/c it just goes to show how immature most dubs can be.

She had been taught to believe that all such things are from the devil himself. No wonder she was mad. My mother believed fully in a demonic-possession-story from our congregation: One of the "sisters" had experienced having an egg jump out of the egg carton and started frying itself on her kitchen table (she had an unbelieving husband, of course, who had even been to Africa and had African masks hanging on the wall in the livingroom, which were obviously posessed by demons, which explains the whole thing). My mother believed that fully. Of course it is immature. But that`s because they are members of a cult that encourages extreme stupidity and immaturity. In many ways, they are like children, excited about things they cannot see, but that they, in their overactive imagination, are convinced exists. It`s sad, but also very funny (in an even sadder kind of way...)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit