Are there still things that were witness no-no's that you refrain from?

by AK - Jeff 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Genesis
    Genesis

I would never ever cheat on my girlfriend.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    But I still won't pick up money that I find on the street. Anyone else remember that rule?

Never heard that - can you expand?

• KW13
    KW13

I think maybe as in terms of good luck, if thats what your thinking cos they don't believe in that but otherwise never heard of any reason.

• anewme
    anewme

I will not dabble with the occult or dark side.

Heres the reason why.

If there are other lesser entities and powers out there other than God himself/itself, why would I go to them for help and not to Almighty God?

I will not steal even a pen, (You could leave a thousand dollars right in front of me and even if Im broke I would not touch it)

I do not like needles and so I am not rushing to a clinic to donate my blood.

But I am enjoying birthdays very much! My list for my next b-day is already getting lengthy! I think I am making up for lost time there!!!!

Anewme

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral
    But I still won't pick up money that I find on the street. Anyone else remember that rule?
    Never heard that - can you expand?

It's based on all those glowing assembly reports about the lost and found department: 'Our brothers are so honest that bills found on the floor were turned in to the lost and found.' One such incident that was cited more than once was about a little boy who had lost a dollar and was offered one that had been dropped. "That's not mine," he said. "Mine was folded a different way," and he refused it!

I remember, one day in service, my partner-for-the-day actually discussed whether or not to pick up a dollar that we found on the street. We decided not to, because we couldn't figure out how to locate the owner to return it.

gently feral

• free2beme
    free2beme

I still believe it is wrong to cheat on your spouse?

Also, I am still anti-drug. Although, I do not consider pot to be a drug that is as bad, as say METH!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit