Not swearing is proof of the "truth"

by pennycandy 20 Replies latest jw friends

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Yeah, I believe that one just like I believe ONLY Jehovah's Witnesses return found money!

Remember all those cheesy experiences at the conventions? The person who found the money (if you think this is a real story), would have to say in a straight face "do you know why I returned your money? Because I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses! - said in the most haughty, annoying tone ever.

I think someone should collect news stories of young ones who are not JWs and turned in lost money - and mail them all to the Society, postage due.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I love when people outside the organization say it's the 'truth' because of some stupid quality they seen in one or a few people. Like an entire system of worship can be evaluated by something like this.

• hallowedbethyname
    hallowedbethyname

ive always noticed that as well.

i have dub friends who say s**t, and hell, and bastard, and the dreaded goddamit.

but the F word?? You cant say that??

weird.

• undercover
    undercover
    "My friend Maria's husband [was unbelieving mate, now a Witness] always swore like a sailor. He said he could see Jehovah's Witnesses had the truth because they didn't use bad language."

In the immortal words of Stan Marsh (South Park):

"Dude, that's some fucked up shit right there"

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

I must be having a blond moment, because now I'm confused, JW's have the truth because they don't swear? Well, my Dad was an elder and he swore quite liberally when I was growing up. Mom said it was because he worked with worldly people all day and he couldn't help it. She would ask him to try harder and he would laugh. He even swore on the way to the meetings! We decided to show him how awful he sounded by playing a little trick on him. (Caution: this is SOO wild!) Dad got in the car to drive us to the meeting one evening. I sing out, "Hey, start the damn car, haha!" Dad spun around in his seat and told me to cut out my cussing. On signal, Mom smiled piously and said, "Well, sweetheart, we just wanted to show you how you sound!" He was better for awhile, but not long. Must be cuz he's got the truth??

• Poztate
    Poztate
    My friend Maria's husband [was unbelieving mate, now a Witness] always swore like a sailor. He said he could see Jehovah's Witnesses had the truth because they didn't use bad language."

I should introduce him to an elder PO that I know. He would make a sailor blush with the language he uses and his son is following in Dad's footsteps. Some JW's would never use bad language but many do. That is the real TRUTHâ„¢ of the matter.

• BecauseImBroken
    BecauseImBroken

I always bumped heads with my ex-in-laws-to-be about this. As long as you're not cussing up a storm in the KH, it's a conscience issue. Just like rated R movies and whatnot. Ironically, she argued with me about how she thought it was ok to have a tattoo in an obscure place once. Just goes to prove that JW's follow things that are convenient for them to follow.

• VM44
    VM44

Rutherford called some people "SOBs" in a letter written to Moyle back in 1938. He also liked to call people "jackasses".

So much for not swearing as a sign of having the truth.

But wait, he is correct....Not Swearing IS a sign of having the truth! The JWs swear...and hence..They don't have the truth!!!

--VM44

An image Leolaia posted:

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

(Luke 11:38-39) . . .However, the Pharisee was surprised at seeing that he did not first wash before the dinner. 39 But the Lord said to him: "Now YOU Pharisees, YOU cleanse the outside of the cup and dish, but the inside of YOU is full of plunder and wickedness.

• breeze
    breeze

I am a drunken bastard and curse, and I think I am a pretty good guy. Not really I know who my Dad is.....

My family is on this cursing band wagon also. Where in the Bible does it say you can't curse, or even use gods name in vain? Well Goddamnit is not using Gods name in vain. Now if you said Jehovah be damned, noe that I understand is a bad thing to even think!

You know what, I take it back this is the reason I stopped participating in the JW crap, because of this small minded sh...t......

BREEZE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit