interesting experience....

by hallowedbethyname 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• jgnat
    jgnat

I know all about 'marking', as my JW husband is still 'marked' three years after our marriage. Being 'marked' means that JW's can pick and choose how nice they have to be to you. You don't get invited to social events any more. Pioneers think it's their god-given right to ask all sorts of personal questions about your life without reciprocation. Elders glare at you.

Hubby is also on 'restriction' right now. That means he can't comment at any of the meetings, but he isn't supposed to tell anyone. This means that a well-meaning Ministerial Servants will encourage the poor boy to comment and poor hubby has to mumble under his breath he's 'not allowed'.

• freetosee
    freetosee

When the JW left after finishing their dinner, how did the non-JW at the wedding react to this was it noticed? Or was it mainly JW’s at the wedding and most of them didn’t know of the ‘marking’ of the brother?

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    Obviously. "After dinner" means they ate first and then left. What upstanding JW would refuse to eat a free meal with anyone?

Surely no one is suggesting that JWs would compromise the Org's instructions just to get a free lunch? Gasp, I'm shocked.

jgnat - that's terribly pathetic. Which Book of the Bible are all these rules in? They put someone on 'Restriction' - tell them it's a secret and then the poor chap is sweating and humiliated by having to mumble his excuses for not 'participating'. He must have committed a heinous crime to have been marked for 3 years.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yeah. He married me.

• hallowedbethyname
    hallowedbethyname

freetosee: it was about 90% JW's.

My friend came by afterwards and told me later on in the evening because he knew it would get me angry....which I did.

All in all, it was a pretty sad situation. The couple is on their honeymoon right now, but I am sure they will have to answer as to why this person was at the wedding.

Nice way to start off your life together. Getting hauled back into the back room of the KH for questioning.

I can feel the love............

HBTN

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    Yeah. He married me.

Gasp, shock, horror , I knew it had to be something REALLY bad, lol.

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

The WTBTS can't allow the true unconditional love taught in the bible to spread amongst the brotherhood. If they allowed that kind of love they would lose all control.

A couple months ago I went to a wedding where the bride and groom were not JWs, but some of the family were. I had gone to their KH about 30 years ago. The one cousin that is my age was so mental at the wedding. She was like a glazed over walking zombie. The relationship between her and her mom was odd. She may be disfellowshipped for having a child out of wedlock, but they still were too good to socialize with the likes of me. They were better people being disfellowshipped JWs' than me, because it was my pastor husband who was officiating the wedding.

I just wanted to talk.

We were praised for the service by everyone but the JWs. They just could not bring themselves to say there was anything good in us. It was so obvious! We glowed with joy, peace and happiness. They were gloomy unhappy and mental. Later we were snubbed yet again when the others were invited to spend time with them and we were told not to come.

Later I asked my sister, so what did you do? LOL....they were drinking and gambling....we were not even good enough to go GAMBLING and DRINKING with them. mayube they just didn't want us to see.....dunno..just ironic...

• Icansaylucky
    Icansaylucky

Oh my that makes me want to hurl. They truly get off on making judgemental scenes. They have zero social skills. They had a chance to show the worldly girlfriend how loving they were but instead showed the way they really are. I'm embarrased that I was ever a part of that crap.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit