Education

by dinah 15 Replies latest jw friends

• dinah
    dinah

By George, I think I will!! Actually I checked on this about 3 years ago. If I had started then, I'd almost be finished! Sitting here ain't getting it done! It would probably be best to start in the fall when the kids go back to school.

When I was young I always wanted to be a high school englsh teacher, I guess because the one I had was so awesome. Didn't wanna do that because of the constant flag salutes they have in school. Now that is a non-issue!

Also Human Services (Social Work) interests me as well, only I take other's people's problems personally so I would probably get burned out. But there are those few that you actually help, right? Might make it worth it.

It would be a giant step in getting over the bitterness. As long as I'm mad they still have control. Thanks for the encouragement guys.

• jstalin
    jstalin

Go for it Dinah! I just finished my degree after five years of evening classes because I work full time. The night classes were great because most other students were working full time. They ranged in age from 18 to in their 40's. The amount of life experience of part-time students is also a great addition to the classes - we often drew on several students' experiences. Do it... you won't regret it!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

{{{FF}}}

Long time no see, lassie. How's it going?

• freetosee
    freetosee

And the WTS still discourages higher education down to this day. I started pioneering just before the policy change on learning a trade and I was praised for trusting in Jehovah. As soon as the WT game out regarding having an apprenticeship before pioneering I was criticized by the same people. I am 34 now and started studying in evening school, it’s never too late.

Freetosee

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    When I was young I always wanted to be a high school englsh teacher

Dinah, go for it!!!

Do you have some kind of distance learning facility? (In Uk its called The Open University, and its WONDERFUL).

If you want to be a teacher, you MUST GO FOR IT!!! I always wanted to be a teacher too, and three years ago I finally changed job and went for it. Its the best decision I ever made, and it helps me get over the biterness of being one of the most educated window cleaners in the north of england.

Plus, helping other people value education is healing to my soul.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi Dinah,

When I was in college, there was a 70 year old getting his degree in computer science! It's never too late.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit