JWs Called at my House This Morning

by Seeker4 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Here it was Memorial Day morning, and I'm out in the front yard watering the gardens when I hear a car pulling up the driveway. It pulls into our section of the drive and I see it's a Witness couple I know in the front seat. The wife is driving and they spot me right off. The brakes are slammed on. I turn and give them a big smile and say, "Hi! How are you doing?" The husband says, "Fine" as the wife hits reverse and backs out. I just started laughing. Such silly behavior!

I'm glad they saw me like that. Our house sets back off the road and is pretty much out of sight of the highway, especially as the yard is surrounded by a 15 foot arborvitae hedge. When you drive through the hedge you're suddenly in this amazingly beautiful place with five gardens of perennialls just starting to blossom and grow, several terraced with stone walls, and with unique sculptures and large, unusual stones set on end among the plants. The gardens stretch up to an attractive, simple house, and beyond it is a wooded hillside. It's really quite dramatic, and time after time people who drive in and have never seen it tells us how amazing it is. None of the Witnesses in my old congregation has anything remotely as attractive.

So I'm supposed to be living this debauched life, and of course having left the Witnesses, it is assumed my life has just gone to shit. So for them to drive through that hedge and see Mr. Domesticity in my shorts and t-shirt watering this gorgeous garden must have been interesting to their sensibilities.

Oh, wait. I forgot. The Watchtower spin on that would be, "Sure, S4 is living in his own little paradise with his beautiful girlfriend. He's having his reward in full now. But he certainly won't be in the New System with us!"

The WTS spinmeisters! There's no way you can win a reasonable argument!

• KW13
    KW13

wow, thats crazy! they really go overboard.

You can't win with them but if you keep happy, i am certain that'll speak more than most of the things you could say.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear S4,

Thats funny! Saterday my husband and I went to Costco and of course saw TONS of Witnesses we knew. I was suprised they even came up to us. But since we are not announced yet, they did. Of course everyone says "How are you?"... I LOVE to say with a VERY cheerful voice, "Oh we a doing WONDERFUL!" They always look so confused when you say that. It is like they expect you to be so down trodden with depression and no joy anymore. When they see the opposite it TOTALLY puzzles them!

Lady LIberty

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    The wife is driving and they spot me right off. The brakes are slammed on. I turn and give them a big smile and say, "Hi! How are you doing?" The husband says, "Fine" as the wife hits reverse and backs out. I just started laughing. Such silly behavior!

lmao! The absurdities of JWs never fail to amuse me.

Judging by their reaction one would think you looked like this:

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I know what you mean S4. Whenever my bf and I run into jws in town, they avoid eye contact with us. According to them, we should walk around with our heads hanging down because we've given up our "hope" for the future. I guess they find it pretty disconcerting to see us looking happy together. It kind of flies in the face of what they are taught about people who leave.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I make it a point to always be smiling, whistling, singing - whatever - when I'm out and about. I'm enjoying my life, and I want people - especially the JWs - to know that.

Lori, my girlfriend and the master gardener, said she thought it must be terribly embarrassing for a Witness to go house to house. I told her I came to really despise the HtoH work. I thought it was quite counter productive in that it pissed off and angered far more people than it ever attracted. I despised the arrogance of the work - going to people's homes to essentially tell them they were wrong and you have all the answers.

Do you remember what we were taught to say when people started witnessing, as it were, to us? We were told to respond that we didn't come to their door looking for answers or for the truth. WTF?! When I think how disrespectful it is to begin with to go invade someone's privacy in their home to try and tell them how wrong they are, and then to add that kind of arrogant response, well I despise the work even more.

S4

• lilybird
    lilybird
    When I think how disrespectful it is to begin with to go invade someone's privacy in their home to try and tell them how wrong they are, and then to;add that kind of arrogant response, well I despise the work even more.

Well said!!!!!!..I feel embarrassed to think I used to go bothering people in their homes..I especially remember Dubs loving going out in field service Christmas morning.. laughing that we were going to spoil their Christmas..now I just laugh at the Dubs wasting their lives away in a cult..

• greendawn
    greendawn

The fact that you are doing well is like a slap in the face for their beliefs that those leaving the dubs will not do well.

As for the paradise they will never see it, it's just the carrot on the stick that keeps them going in ways that serve the interests of the WTS. Even if there was ever to be one it's not for the followers of the WTS.

• Highlander
    Highlander

That's a funny experience. I do agree, witnesses expect doom and gloom for those that leave the 'spiritual paradise' and are very confused when the success and

happiness level increases upon release from their spiritual bondage.

I also saw a group of witnesses this morning. I drove past the local laundromat and saw about 10 spanish j-dubs in the parking lot talking with eachother.

Well, in actuality there was one brother that was doing all the talking. It almost seemed like they had met at that location to start their preaching work. Or maybe they were splitting

up there and hitting all the local businesses? But there was no doubt that he was leading that group and they were being sheeplike and following his orders. No doubt in my mind

that they were j-dubs as I saw the NWT bibles and literature in hand or under their arms. The kingdom hall is merely a few blocks from where I saw the group, so I drove back and

only saw one car parked in the lot. Yet I saw many from this group at the laundromat retreat back to multiple cars. Oh wait! I just figured it out! there's a coffee/donut shop on the

the same block as this laundromat. They all met there to preach at the laundromat for 2 minutes then take their 30-60 minute coffee break.

I agree,, the preaching work was quite embarassing and yes,, very rude and unproductive as it only disrupts people in the privacy of their homes.

• misguided
    misguided

I ran into a JW from the hall I used to attend at the local produce store on Friday. This woman was doing such a great job of snubbing me, I thought....welll....I'm not finished shopping...but think I'm going to check out when she does. So I began unloading my grocery cart and my pineapple happened to touch her honeydew melon! She gave me the dirtiest (scared shi#less) look...I think she thinks I've now demonized her melon! Do you think she's going to feed the melon to her family now that I've possessed it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit