JWs Called at my House This Morning

by Seeker4 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Highlander
    Highlander

why I'm not there on my front lawn in the fetal postion sucking my thumb.

That's right, I forgot. In the 'leaving the truth handbook' it's a requirement to become complete losers in life and have no hope thereby resorting to

dropping into the fetal position and sucking our thumbs.

It's true though,, j-dubs are puzzled when we don't drop dead or worse yet,, we become happy and successful after leaving! the horror!!!

• hubert
    hubert
    So for them to drive through that hedge and see Mr. Domesticity in my shorts and t-shirt watering this gorgeous garden must have been interesting to their sensibilities.

Hey Seeker, They probably thought you were the gardener.

Hubert

• MissBehave
    MissBehave

Before I got curtains on the side windows of my front door so that I could screen people, I once "accidentally" opened the door to witnesses. It was a teenaged girl and an older lady and the girl was doing the talking. I could tell she was so nervous, her hands and voice were both shaking. I felt so bad for her and I thought to myself OMG I used to BE her. I took the magazines and gave her money.

I just don't open the door to them now...but my husband has strict instructions that if he opens the door and it's JWs...if they are adults he can say whatever he wants....but if it's a kid or a teenager to be nice to them....it's not their fault.

• BecauseImBroken
    BecauseImBroken

And the most miniscule thing can happen to you; for instance your pet fish dies and suddenly they're saying to each other, "AHA! See? Brother Doe left the truth, and now he's suffering the consequences of lacking Jehovah's spirit". Idiots. They're so full of themselves.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

"And the most miniscule thing can happen to you; for instance your pet fish dies and suddenly they're saying to each other, "AHA! See? Brother Doe left the truth, and now he's suffering the consequences..."

That is so dead on. The JW spin that is put on everything, when it is really just things that happen to all of us as we live our lives day to day.

S4

• HappyDad
    HappyDad
    Do you remember what we were taught to say when people started witnessing, as it were, to us? We were told to respond that we didn't come to their door looking for answers or for the truth. WTF?! When I think how disrespectful it is to begin with to go invade someone's privacy in their home to try and tell them how wrong they are, and then to add that kind of arrogant response, well I despise the work even more.

How true! I felt the same as you. But I'm glad that you are now living a happy life.

About your garden leading to the house. You MUST show some pictures of this. It sounds absolutely beautiful and I just love plant and flower gardens.

HappyDad

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Happy Dad,

I'll try to post some pics. We've taken a ton, and I use them in my paper all through the season (I'm a newspaper editor).

Not sure if I know exactly how to do it. Will see.

S4

• juni
    juni

I'd love to see pics too of your perennial gardens. I have one, but isn't on the same level as yours.

Juni

• Seeker4
  • Seeker4
    Seeker4

Can anyone see that pic? It's the moonlight garden just outside the bedroom window. Sort of a private garden. If the pic post works, I'll try a few more.

S4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit