What Ways Can You Have "Fun" At The District Convention???

by minimus 20 Replies latest jw friends

• serendipity
    serendipity

During the sessions, my partners in crime and I spent time at a coffee shop chatting. I plan to do it again this year.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings Gumby,

:I oftentimes have trouble relating to dubs who did crap like that. When I was a true-blue dub, I'd never consider doing stuff like that as I believed jehovah saw everything......plus my heart wasn't bent on those types of things. I also believed most others felt as I did. I was a nieve bastard!

Same here Gumby, I concur 100%.

Dismembered

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

A few years ago I went to the local District Convention to record the talks. While there I took advantage of the JW's irresistible compulsion to "witness" to me. I just had to get in some Anti-Witnessing.

I started out talking about how important freedom of religion is... the JW agreed.

I continued about how important it is to respect peoples religious beliefs... the JW agreed.

I then started talking about not condemning people who had religious beliefs different from ones own... the JW started stumping and round trying to find a way to say that one is required to condemn all religions other than the Watchtower Society.

No matter how hard he tried he would not hold the first two statements as true while trying to defend his position that only JWs have the one and only true religion.

If the JW perceives you as a prospective convert, he will bend over backwards to please you which prevents their "aposo-shields" from coming up. Once you get a JW in that context, Anti-Witnessing can be VERY fun because you can basically say anything you want so long as you do not directly attack the Watchtower Society.

• gringojj
    gringojj

At the convention I went to, I found that the guys who stand at the entrances and stuff were always staring at me. So to have fun I would just stare back at them and keep staring. It was quite amusing. Walking towards a doorway and staring at some guy who doesnt know me. I found that to be fun.

• parakeet
    parakeet

When I was a kid at a convention, I'd distract myself by ripping pages out of the Watchtower and fold them into origami animals.
    The most fun I have at conventions nowadays is not attending.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

The most fun I have at conventions nowadays is not attending.

That sums me up as well. Sitting on hard seats for 3 days, listening to all the recycled bs is something I definitely won't miss.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Something I tried at the convention we just had last weekend:
    Instead of singing along with the normal lyrics, insert different words and phrases and see if anyone notices.

• minimus
    minimus

I still thinking being drunk during the sessions wouldn't hurt.

• james_woods
    james_woods

One thing you could do (at least for District Conventions) would be to talk it up how you were going someplace really bizarre and remote. It is also required to be a scenic trip on good sports car roads - say, British Columbia if you lived in Dallas.

Then, take a really nice 1 or 2 week road trip; show up at the assembly where nobody knows you off Adam, shoot a few scenes on the old Polaroid, and hit those mountain highways again on the way back - pick a different and yet interesting route from the way up.

This works especially well if you should happen to have a pretty, fast, imported little Non-theocratic car.

This does not work, of course, for Circuit Assemblies.

Or, so I have heard...

• minimus
    minimus

Bring an I Pod and listen to your favorite downloaded music while you sit in the deaf section......(I really like that one!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit