Did you know of any JW's brothers that were "wife beaters"? Were they DF'd?

by booker-t 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

I am an outsider (never been a JW`etc.)

I was a police officer for 30 years, most as a detective. I have dealt with more child abuse and domestic violence than I want to remember. I still have nightmares about things I have seen and people I have dealt with. I have spent 'vacation' time ('cos my bosses thought that such and such a case was only worth 'so many hours' investigating) driving thousands of miles, interviewing victims, preparing court files, etc. My own marriage came under threat and finally ended because my ex could not accept thatthis was not 9 to 5 job. I have had the pleasure of seeing perpetrators sent to jail, and the even greater pleasure of bullies who were used to bullying women and children take a swing at me, only to find that I would hit back.

Can I just say this, PLEASE. In the UK, and, I'm fairly sure in the US and other countries too, there are dedicated family protection departments who can and will take positive action to stop this. All it needs is for someone to pick up the phone. Don't walk on by, please.

Thanks

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I'm sure there were - I remember a couple in our hall separated and eventually divorced. I later learned he had been married 5 times and the abuse was a common thread in every split. I know he was abusive to her son from a previous marriage.

• Fangorn
    Fangorn

I know of a guy named Christian, now a CO, who was about as verbally abusive to his wife and his kids as he could be. Both kids no longer Witnesses, one was charged with child abuse. He's still a rompin' stompin' hard case Circuit Overseer and his wife still won't say boo to a mouse.

• Schizm
    Schizm
    Years ago when I was attending my old KH there was an elder that was very stern. Bro Glen (not his real name) .... Then one night the police were called at the Glen's home, it seems that Bro Glen got "drunk" and chased his wife and family out at gunpoint. .... And the Glen's daughter told my sister that her father was a "wife beater" and abused Sis Glen often .... It was the talk of the congo. But Bro Glen was "never" DF'd or Reproved. In fact he became a CO. .... -- booker-t

If you're telling the truth, then why are you protecting "Bro Glen" by refusing to reveal his real name? Actually, by concealing his identity you've become blameworthy yourself. If you're really telling the truth, then publish the man's real name on here and every other place you can on the internet. If you're willing to do that, then I'd be more apt to believe your story. If you won't do it, then why should I believe you're telling the truth?

• free2beme
    free2beme

I knew mentally abuses men, not any hard core wife beaters. Mental abuse is often just as bad and in some cases worse. None of them were df'ed for being mentally abusive.

• Apostanator
    Apostanator

My wife and I was very close with a couple our age for over 20 years, We would do things together, hang together ect. I did not know he beat the shit out of her regularly until a couple of years after she divorced him. She gets dis-fellowshiped for unscriptural grounds for the divorce. Come to find out she told me he broke her ribs and that the walls that had holes in the plaster was a result of him bashing her and his kids around. Well, when she left him, the whole congregation was on his side because poor brother so&so's wife left him. He still goes to meetings and was never dis-fellowshiped.

• Soledad
    Soledad

I didn't personally know any wife beaters. I did know about kids getting beat pretty badly, by either the mother or the father. I should have stepped in and done something about that.

• Simon
    Simon

If you're really telling the truth, then publish the man's real name on here and every other place you can on the internet.

Just a reminder, unless someone has been convicted of an offense they should not be named for legal reasons. Everyone is free to post things like that on their own website, at their own liability.

• bem
    bem

Joe Grundy thank you so much for making this statement and for your post! Welcome to the Board

Can I just say this, PLEASE. In the UK, and, I'm fairly sure in the US and other countries too, there are dedicated family protection departments who can and will take positive action to stop this. All it needs is for someone to pick up the phone. Don't walk on by, please.

Yes the US has the problem also people must notify authorities, I worked with children for years and at a shelter for domestic violence help is there for women and their children who need help, for men also it's just in my case I have only seen women, and this applies to all persons we advocated for women in lesbian relationships as well, so if you need help seek it out.

• enlightenedcynic
    enlightenedcynic

I remember a brother who had a wife and several children. I overheard my mom on the phone with one of her friends discussing the wife. My mother said that the wife was being verbally and physically abused. Things were so bad that the wife would go and sleep in the children's room, only to have the monster drag her by the hair back to the bedroom for sex. The wife eventually fled and years later got an "unscriptural" divorce. The husband?.......... He re-married and is now an elder in a new congregation. Don't you just love it?

ec

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit