What y'all been up to?

by KW13 28 Replies latest jw friends

• KW13
    KW13

I've been trying to get mould off a tent and not having much luck, its my old one but i like it

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

tryin to motivate to get stuff listed on ebay... have to wait for the camera battery to charge... but I will get it done before the day is over...

• Gregor
    Gregor

Trying to get the house spruced up to sell.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    I've been trying to get mould off a tent and not having much luck, its my old one but i like it

Did you try vinegar??

• KW13
    KW13

hell you all sound busy!

VINEGAR i shall try it tomorrow, thanks!! but if it does nothin but make my tent smell, you'll be hearing from me

• greendawn
    greendawn

I was trying to think out and organise my diet that is coming up soon, and also searched and found a great diet forum on the net to exchange ideas and experiences with other members of that community.

• KW13
    KW13

good luck wit' that greendawn, forums are always helpful cos you can speak to people who've tried it not someone selling 'their' idea.

• Poztate
    Poztate

WHITE VINEGAR ONLY !!!

Vinegar
    Vinegar is a mainstay of old folk recipes for cleaning, and with good reason. The vim of the vinegar is that it kills bacteria, mold, and germs. It is also the opposite of baking and washing soda; it is acidic and therefore neutralizes alkaline or caustic substances. If your tap water is hard and you have trouble with mineral buildup (which looks like a corroded dirty powder), soak a cloth in vinegar and rest it on the problem area for a few hours. The acid will break down the minerals and they can be wiped away. Acids dissolve gummy buildup and eat away tarnish. I have also found vinegar particularly good for removing dirt from wood surfaces.

Heinz company spokesperson Michael Mullen references numerous studies to show that a straight 5 percent solution of vinegar kills 99 percent of bacteria, 82 percent of mold, and 80 percent of germs (viruses). Heinz's packaging cannot claim that vinegar is a disinfectant, since the company has not registered it as a pesticide with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA); however, it seems to be common knowledge in the industry that vinegar is powerfully antibacterial. (The CBS news show 48 Hours aired a special report on tests from the Good Housekeeping Institute showing this.) Use white distilled vinegar, since apple cider vinegar can leave stains.

Vinegar
    Vinegar is a mainstay of old folk recipes for cleaning, and with good reason. The vim of the vinegar is that it kills bacteria, mold, and germs. It is also the opposite of baking and washing soda; it is acidic and therefore neutralizes alkaline or caustic substances. If your tap water is hard and you have trouble with mineral buildup (which looks like a corroded dirty powder), soak a cloth in vinegar and rest it on the problem area for a few hours. The acid will break down the minerals and they can be wiped away. Acids dissolve gummy buildup and eat away tarnish. I have also found vinegar particularly good for removing dirt from wood surfaces.

Heinz company spokesperson Michael Mullen references numerous studies to show that a straight 5 percent solution of vinegar kills 99 percent of bacteria, 82 percent of mold, and 80 percent of germs (viruses). Heinz's packaging cannot claim that vinegar is a disinfectant, since the company has not registered it as a pesticide with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA); however, it seems to be common knowledge in the industry that vinegar is powerfully antibacterial. (The CBS news show 48 Hours aired a special report on tests from the Good Housekeeping Institute showing this.) Use white distilled vinegar, since apple cider vinegar can leave stains.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Been busy, but today it is raining

• KW13
    KW13

Sounds good, i'll soak it first e.t.c then the washing machine?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit