Hey, watch the language!

by cyberguy 28 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic
    More like saggy.......

No - we in the UK know SAGA stands for Sex And Games for the Aged. Come on now, I want to be a dirty old man when I grow up.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

I think sometimes we're like kids in a candy store because we can use bad words once in awhile and it feels so... naughty!

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

I like four letter words cause I see alot of people making money using them words... One day...

• lilybird
    lilybird

My Irish father who was never a JW.but. married to a staunch JW woman always said swear words had their place. He said only use them in times when only a swear word will really express your feelings.. otherwise.. a milder version would do.. Guess that is why I always heard him swearing and cursing when he was working on his car.. working in his workshop.. etc..

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I too was wondering why so many use curse words. I figure they don't have a big enough vocabulary to express themselves in any other way!

Think about it. Like when it's really hot outside? Why does fuc-ing hot make it any hotter? Hot is hot...really warm is hot. Warm is the word for a little hot. Besides..how can you fu-k the word hot?

Like when someone says a person is full of s-it?..Does that mean they are constipated?

If you say someone is a MF SOB...does that mean he screwed your momma or his momma, And has no daddy?

We all know everyone has a daddy...

So I figure they are just english dropouts..it is really demeaning to the person doing it.

Snoozy Q...

• LDH
    LDH
    So I figure they are just english dropouts.. it is really demeaning to the person doing it.

In your mind.

And here all this time, I thought people were coming to the board to learn how to be *less* judgemental.

I would rather read (and write!) a good story with some expletives than see a post about fluff, thread flirting, etc.

It's all about your likes and dislikes.

Lisa

Different Strokes for Different Folks Class

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    I must admit that I enjoy the occassional colorful metephor. After so many years of being a prissy dub its kind of nice to be able to loosen up. Some days are looser than others, however. Will be sure to watch that.

must be cuz we both live in CT.........but, I totally feel this whole statement and agree!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Snoozy

I figure they don't have a big enough vocabulary to express themselves in any other way!

Actually, this arguement can be used the other way, as well. Swear words are an additive to the vocabulary they already have. Me, for example, i have a fairly good command of the english language, and curses are a part of that. 'Course, like spice, one doesn't want to overdo it.

S

Ps, if you added curse words to your repertoire, it would be that much larger

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Adding curse words doesn't increase your vocabulary it reduces it because they are lazy words.. one size fits all...

People use the same curse words over and over to fit all circumstances.

Spice would be something original... something descriptive.

Snoozy Q...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit