Hey, watch the language!

by cyberguy 28 Replies latest jw friends

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

I’ve used many expletives in my life, especially when I’ve hit my finger with a hammer! However, I’ve seen some words and expressions used recently on this board that should be edited-out in my humble opinion! Okay, if you absolutely need to use a curse word, just put the first letter then some “***”. It’s not a matter of JW’ism or Christianity, it’s one of being civilized! You reduce your creditability and argumentation greatly when your curse! And Simon does not want such language on this board (or at least this what I’ve always believed)! Please, those that are supposed to monitor this site, edit-out the curse words/expressions, and tell those that this board isn’t a place for it!

Thanks! Just a friendly reminder!

Cyber

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Godd@mn but that mutherfu#$er sure is right!

• Simon
    Simon

I do think it's a good point. I don't like to see unnecessary bad language.

We don't have a blanket ban or hard and fast rule because sometimes it is appropriate given some of the experiences people have had and the hurt that the WTS has caused but it could be used a lot less for 'normal' posts.

Thanks everyone.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Maybe this is an opportunity clear up some confusion. I recently put up a topic called "Wine sippin', Cracker Nibblin' weirdos..." It was about my observation that most "annointed" I had known had very strange personalities. I didn't think it was very controversial but I did refer to mental illness.

After one response it completely vanished. Was this a technical glitch or was it removed for some reason? If it was removed on purpose that's fine, but I'd like to know why so I can avoid stepping on the same toes again.

• myelaine
    myelaine

hehehe...

"Maybe this is an opportunity clear up some confusion. I recently put up a topic called "Wine sippin', Cracker Nibblin' weirdos..." It was about my observation that most "annointed" I had known had very strange personalities. I didn't think it was very controversial but I did refer to mental illness. "

I didn't see this. now I'm confused too....thanks a lot!

michelle

• minimus
    minimus

Gregor and myelaine, you would make a fine couple.

• myelaine
    myelaine

well I don't know about that, minimus...I'm "engaged".

love michelle

• greendawn
    greendawn

I also agree that vulgar words are unnecessary and create a bad impression about the one using them.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Greendawn:Sorry to contradict, but I would posit that more often than not they create exactly the right impression about the individual.

• lowden
    lowden

Get off yer high horses!!!

It all depends on the context of the point/argument.

If someone said something derogatory about my children or another sensitive issue, then i may very well swear and curse at them.

Unless it's swear word after swear word and patently offensive, then there is surely NO issue.

Live and let live.

Love You All xxxx

Lowden

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit