returning to this site...

by rune 21 Replies latest jw friends

• rune
    rune

Hello everyone... I am returning after vanishing from this place over a year. I don't recognize anyone, sorry :S I grew up in Arnprior, Ontario of Canada, which is not far from Ottawa, the capital city of the country (the place I live now). I was raised in a strict Witness upbringing until I was 15, when I got loose finally. Anyone else in this situation (raised in the Witnesses then got out)? Anyone from Ontario or Canada in general read this site? Give me a holler in this thread :) Sometimes it's hard to find common ground with other people who don't have the same background...

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

yeah... That was my situation also.. actually I was closer to 17.... but I alo got ten years on ya... Lucky you, you have the internet for support ... Me, I had cannabis way before I found the internet... so bear with me..

• Fleshybirdfodder
    Fleshybirdfodder

Greetings from the T dot. I was also raised a Witless. I left first at 18 and then became a binge and purge Witless until I finally realised that trying to keep everybody happy and living a lie was killing me and left. Things are finally looking up now. Good to hear from you!

• rune
    rune

Yes, the internet is quite something... After relationships failed to provide any long-lasting solace from all that garbage that happened in the past, I too ended up smoking marijuana, starting at age 20. In fact, I'm high right now. I smoked a joint before I got some fruit and veggies from the store. I don't really have a serious problem though, I just need to work myself out of the familiar mental rut that seems to resemble 'those times' so I can be motivated and achieve all the things I want to... but nah instead I'm chilling in the heat smoking pot and blasting music......... life is good

• rune
    rune

You too, Fleshybirdfodder. I'm glad to hear things are looking up for you.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Welcome back! I've been here a couple of months. Was in for 12 years with my hubby and two kids ages 11 and 13. I know what you mean, we need to "talk" to people with common experiences. Glad to have you.

• lilybird
    lilybird

Hi rune.. welcome back.. I am from the Toronto area but I have visited Ottawa a few times.. I was raised as a JW but didn't manage to escape until I was 30.I didn't want to raise my kids as JWS and have them suffer a cult life like I had to.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

wb Rune, I remember ya. How's it hanging?

• Scully
    Scully

howdy rune...

we talked a couple of times on MSN...

nice to "see" you here again.

countdown to 10K ~ 3 more posts!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

c'mon Scully - you can dae it!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest