Is there one thing that keeps you from going back?

by nsrn 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Lehtiveli
    Lehtiveli

There is only 1 real answer: it is not truth. That's why I'm not going back.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Every believing JW needs to be asked just one question, and the question should be posed to them very slowly and methodically to drive it home -

"Do you really believe that any day now God is going to violently kill every man, woman and child on the earth except for JW's?

This is the crux of the whole matter, IMO.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I'm happier, not being there, than I ever was when I was there.

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

1) It's bullshit

2) Common sense

3) It's not a religion, it's a control structure

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

I couldn't go back, because then I would have to shun all the demonz currently controlling my life.

steve

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

One thing? Nope I got a list

1. it isn't "the Truth"
    2. they manipulate people
    3. the control information, behavior, feelings and thoughts of followers
    4. they destroy families
    5. they protect abusers
    6. they rewrite history and when called on it they blame their victims for believing what they told them to believe
    7. they teach people to live in fear
    8. they are hypocrits - doing things that they forbid JWs to do
    9. they are more interested in protecting themselves than in protecting people who need it
    10. they are willing to sacrifice the lives of JWs to make a point
    11. while they say they have love amongst themselves the love they have is conditional
    12. they milk JWs of as much money and work as they can and then disgard them like trash when not needed
    13. they have no problem taking governement or charitable money maent for disaster victimes and using it to expand their bank accounts
    14. instead of helping grow, spiritually, morally, physically, emotionally, they turn JWs into numbed out menatal infants who cannot make decisions on their own
    15. they have forbidden medical threatments which has caused the death of countless numbers of people
    16. they policies regarding shunning has caused families to be ripped apart and the many suicides after a JC

If I sat here longer I'm sure I could find a few more

• anewme
    anewme

Its like going back into a mental institution!

I cant go back!

Im well now!

Who'd want to go back and be told what to do and when? What to wear, what to read, what to say?

It is a good place for lost souls who need alot of structured activity.

It is a good place for people who live in fear and who need regular feeding of fairy tales in order to sleep at night.

I actually hated field service and thought it was very rude and weird.
    I always thought our conduct and example should be so exemplar that people would ask what our religion was.
    I thought the Society should be so loving that the world would want to be part of it.

Its a Jonestown, a Waaco, a dissappointment, a man made bogus waste of time and life.

• jambon1
    jambon1
    Every believing JW needs to be asked just one question, and the question should be posed to them very slowly and methodically to drive it home -

"Do you really believe that any day now God is going to violently kill every man, woman and child on the earth except for JW's?

This is the crux of the whole matter, IMO.

The above sums up my main feelings about things. Well put indeed. Other than that; the attitude of 'nothing is ever good enough' done my head in. This physically & mentally drained me. I have more happines now than I ever did trying to 'keep up'. J

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

My one thing is FREEDOM!

Freedom from the control, freedom from the hypocricy, from the labels, from the gossip, from the fear, from the lies, and the list goes on.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Jesus would be very unhappy if I went back to the JW's.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit