Had the Circuit Overseer

by KW13 38 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Core:Oops. yup I knew I had it wrong, but kept getting mixed up with the singer of a similar name.

Whatever happened to David? I really liked him.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I should also clear up the fact that he returned to East Anglia, not to Eat Anglia

Brent Smith and Michael Spur were kinda ok too, in their own way, though they had their moments. I was probably one of the few people to get on with Ray Midgely, who is now dead and gone. I felt sorry for his wife, returning to Glasgow to Pioneer after all those years on the Circuit.

Anyone remember Brian Scott and family? I went to Pioneer School with one of his daughters, but the less I say about that the better

• dido
    dido

Brian Scott did the rounds here at one time, Middlesex area.

• KW13
    KW13
    Eat Anglia

what will his wife think?

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

We had a CO who was the incarnation of evil (or is that the devil). But...thanks to him...we saw how the Watchtower REALLY operated and it was ta ta la de da by by.

So see...some CO's do some good!

Cathy L.

• KW13
    KW13

lol, nice. the very ones meant to have the opposite effect

• core
    core

David Craig was on Merseyside but moved on back to Stoke - where I think his wife came from - think she was ill and wanted to be back near family - he was very astute - think before Merseyside he was in Bradford - very practical and genuine, but loyal to the "written word" from the hierarchy - overall a decent person sadly trapped in a way of life that did not suit him or his wife

• core
    core

Actually from Merseyside they were sent to a Scottish Circuit with no circuit flat and a lot of travelling - so at some point he called it a day - I think because he was ill - and they then went to his wifes parents part of the world in the Potteries

Seem to remember he always used a propelling pencil for his note taking - very precise

Yes his talks were brilliant - very logical

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

It really angers me when people say that the CO is "just doing his job"

1 He does not have to do that job.

2 The attendants at Auschwitz were also "just doing their job" but this was no defence at Nuremberg.

When the Society chooses it has its own little "war crimes" purges, and guess who gets it in the ass? Not the GB not the DO or CO (no no no - THEY are never wrong) but the R&F who followed orders. (the famous pulling of the rug)

I remember one conceited CO whose first scripture on his first visit was "we are not gods, but men like you" so none of us were to be afraid to come to him and confess our sins and weaknesses.

HB

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Core:
    Aye - the Scottish Circuit that finished him off was mine

Hamster:
    They are as trapped as the rest of them.

Before I left I gave serious thought to carrying on, as I was being groomed to be a CO. I finally decided that I could make little difference against such a machine, and that I was already getting worn out.

LIke so many who believe they are on a mandate from God, they think they are doing right. I don't say that this excuses them, especially when they act in a manner that is unconsciounable, but it does partially explain their conduct.

While not denigrating your own reaction, I have to say that mine is pity, rather than anger. Except, of course, for the b*st*rds who genuinely have an evil streak!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit