Had the Circuit Overseer

by KW13 38 Replies latest jw friends

• core
    core

For the CO a "fade" is inpossible and I cant see many taking a leaf from LTs book and giving a Public Talk and concluding with an announcement of their quitting...yes they are trapped and many are or were decent people inside the shells they have become - which reminds me of my London Bethel visit's - watching married couple going to and fro from Watchtower House to the IBSA Bbuilding, clutching each others hands, with every ounce of spirit crushed from them leaving them like husks on the ground, clinging on to their only link to life - their marriage partner. No hope, no future, no way out Re David Craig - his wife was very kind but needed to go back home every weekend as she was very timid/shy/under stress , and they requested a "posting" near home when it came time to reassign the Circuit Overseer's, but when sent up to Scotland their was a view taken around that the Society had ignored any sense of caring and in effect were saying to them "it will make you or kill you - and we don't care which it is" - David Carter was (I think) then the DO (departed this life now) and he appeared to be ruthless in dealing with COs - he was with us as elders - I recall not having the courage to get up and walk out at one circuit elders meeting when he said words to the effect that " If as elders you are worn out then you are not doing enough as Jehovah would refresh you if you were, if you want to quit get out! Jehovah only wants servants who give 100% so if you can't then you should not be an elder" and, after refusing to back-up some wild claim for authority made by one brave soul he said "WE (DOs and COs) are told directly by the GB what to do at elders meetings and I am not going to show anyone a letter they send to me personally to prove it - if you believe in the Bible you must believe what I say!" - again, I look back and wish I had risen from my seat and left.

• south african beef
    south african beef

Little Toe,

Bubble and I remember Brian Scott - he was v nice.

She knows some details about the older daughter but again the less said the better apparently.

I thought Michael Spur was a good motivational speaker and in fact he did get loads out on the ministry.

Mind you by the next week it was back to normal with just a handful of die-hards out!

• south african beef
    south african beef

Core,

I liked your comments about the Bethel brothers and their marriage partners wlking to and from the IBSA house - just the other day I was in that area for my work and I decided to park up between the two buildings and have my packed lunch - sad I know! Yes they all looked a bit holier than thou, but I also thought what an easy life, not having to live in the real business world and they have got a job for life. Mind you the pay is not that good!

I actually felt sorry for them and so glad that I am out of it - never to return.

The other thing that struck me was how much value must be in their property portfolio - so many of those houses are owned by them and each must be worth at least 400k!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Your estimate is conservative. When I was last visiting Bethel in 2001, bust before I DAed, the houses were valued at over £1M.

• gumby
    gumby
    Anyone remember Brian Scott and family? I went to Pioneer School with one of his daughters, but the less I say about that the better

LittleToe.....you sin hiding, secret keeping, Achan-like, sinful barstard! You shoulda been DFed a long time ago and sent to hell for lusting in your heart over this hot little pioneer sister! I'll bet a hundred bucks you even looked at her breasts when she leaned over and you knew she couldn't see you peekin! Sometimes I just feel like I have no real deep respect from you anymore.

*runs out of the house in tears*

Gumcrushed

• KW13
    KW13

i am also gumb numb with shock at this revelation

• Swan
    Swan
    Had the Circuit Overseer

I've never had a Circuit Overseer.

So how was he between the sheets, anyway?

Tammy

• Panda
    Panda

During our last few years as dubs Mr.Panda used to remark "Is it just me or has the quality of COs gone downhill?" Maybe MrPanda was just wising up to the rhetoric?

I've never had a CO either --- doesn't look like much fun really.

• KW13
    KW13
    I've never had a Circuit Overseer.

So how was he between the sheets, anyway?

Tammy

I've never had a CO either --- doesn't look like much fun really.

What have i started?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit