Do you regularly lie?

by JH 31 Replies latest jw friends

• kls
    kls

To your parents it may not be a lie but feel more comfortable telling others what makes your parents more comfortable about the situation.

Not everything is a lie to some ,as it is to others .

Glad your dad is home cause there is nothing like being home.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I try not to, and generally succeed.

And, as another poster said, I'm no longer a preaching jw.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

hey KLS - good to see you - haven't seen you about in a while! I've almost forgotten how to duck monkey poo!

• daystar
    daystar
    next time I will lie about when I go into hospital and when I am coming out.

Or, tell the truth that if they don't respect your wishes, next time you're gonna fuck them the hell up!

• kls
    kls
    hey KLS - good to see you - haven't seen you about in a while! I've almost forgotten how to duck monkey poo!

Hey Crumpet and just keep ducking cause one never knows

• anewme
    anewme

I used to never lie......but that got me into alot of needless trouble.

Now I think sometimes lying is ok.

I mean say something gets broken at work and the bitch (excuse me) manager gets in everyones face and demands to know "WHO BROKE THAT THING?"
    That is a good time to say you know nothing about it.

Lying is a rare option for me, but one I now allow myself.
    After all, I went to the elders myself and confessed to a sin. I thought I would get some help, but instead got the boot and public shaming.
    After an experience like that sometimes the old heart makes concessions to the black and white Old Testament indoctrinating it got and put faith in.

No, I dont regularly lie. I pride myself on my honesty. But even Galileo lied to save his life. Sometimes I think it is only smart. And I want to be smart and survive the idiots.

• anewme
    anewme

May I also add that sometimes the truth is not owed to someone. Consider Jesus before the Sanhedrin or Pilate.

I do not answer my phone. I always let the machine answer it for me. If it is someone I want to talk with I pick it up or call them back. If it is someone I do not prefer to talk with, I ignore it and delete their call.

Am I lying that I am not at home?

I think I am self protecting....something I did not learn at the Watchtower, but am fiercely doing now.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I lie to spare people's feelings - often as not they can't handle the truth. But I try not to lie to get myself out of trouble - its just better to own up, say sorry and make amends.

• jojochan
    jojochan
    Any born-in JW that had to do the fade while growing up inevitably becomes a master of deception! We should all be working for the CIA imho.

Yep....'nuff said.

jojochan.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    After all, I went to the elders myself and confessed to a sin. I thought I would get some help, but instead got the boot and public shaming.

After an experience like that sometimes the old heart makes concessions to the black and white Old Testament indoctrinating it got and put faith in.

No, I dont regularly lie. I pride myself on my honesty. But even Galileo lied to save his life. Sometimes I think it is only smart. And I want to be smart and survive the idiots. - anewme

I second this whole-heartedly. While I do not condone lying, I've learned from the WTBTS that lying is the only way to protect myself from the public floggings. Or else being perfect. But I haven't figured out yet how to do that "perfection" thing, especially according to the impossible standards as outlined by the WTS.

I believe that everyone in the organization who is in "good standing" is lying in some way, shape or form; either to themselves, to others, or both. Since it's impossible to live up to all of the expectations (but if you don't live up to them your reputation goes down the drain) they must be lying to keep up their reputations.

My two cents.

Good Girl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit