Do you regularly lie?

by JH 31 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Although I love my parents, very often they lie to try to get out of a jam. Then they have to lie again to cover the first lie. And often for really stupid reasons, they will lie instead of saying the truth and being direct. I'll give an example: My dad came out of the hospital yesterday. Since he is still weak and tired, he rathers to tell people that he came out 2 day later, so that he won't get any visitors home because he feels too tired and weak to receive any visitors. Then he tells me, if so and so calls or comes over, just don't say that I,m out of the hospital yet. So there has to be a 2nd lie to cover the 1st lie.

I told him and my mom, why don't you say the truth, and just say, that you came out of the hospital yesterday and that you're not feeling good enough to receive any visitors now or even in the near future. And I'll let you all know when I'll be better.

But they rather say a stupid lie instead. And often, I notice they will lie, to get out of a jam, instead of being direct.

I don't know if this has anything to do with the older generation, but it seems to me that youngsters or even people my age (mid 40's) don't lie to get out of a jam as much.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I generally don't. I have found that lying similar to the above is used a lot in this province for social reasons. It seems to be part of the social fabric.

S

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I always lie... in fact I'm lying right now.

• JH
    JH
    in fact I'm lying right now.

With whom may I ask?

• serendipity
    serendipity

No. Besides the moral aspect, it's too hard to keep the lies straight.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    With whom may I ask?

I'm not one to kiss and tell.

• Poztate
    Poztate

I Never Lie...No honest... Never....Would I lie about something like this...

• Purza
    Purza

I have told my fair share of lies in my lifetime. Experience has taught me that speaking the truth is a better way to go. It is also easier on the nerves and stomach muscles.

Purza

• I-follow-the-narrow-path
    I-follow-the-narrow-path

I don't lie as much as I should (did I just imply that lying is okay?)

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

I've gotten so used to lying to my folks that it is like second nature to me. I don't even notice it. But my bf thinks its so silly..he goes on with the "you're 22 years old! Just tell them you have a freaking boyfriend already!"

Oh, if only it was that easy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit