How weird is this?

by Mulan 18 Replies latest jw friends

• simplesally
    simplesally

I guess you don't listen to the commercials that say you aren't getting older, you are getting better!!!

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

My optometrist explained to me that eyesight can improve with age because as your body ages, your muscles are lazier and don't try as hard to compensate and focus, i.e. they are more relaxed.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Why do you wear glasses then?

I've worn them so long, they are almost a cosmetic, or an accessory. I don't look like me without them.

And, I have a little ridge at the top of my nose, from where the glasses sit. I don't think that would go away. I think I actually look better with glasses than without them.

My optometrist explained to me that eyesight can improve with age because as your body ages, your muscles are lazier and don't try as hard to compensate and focus, i.e. they are more relaxed.
    My eye doctor asked me if I take antioxidants, because they can improve your eyesight too. I do.
  • rebel8
    rebel8

Mine have been slowly improving for years. My doctor said it was common.

• damselfly
    damselfly

So there's hope for mine too? Excellent!
    I don't really mind wearing glasses except when they fogg up coming indoors in cold weather.

Dams

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Maybe because you have stopped reading the WT-magazines?

• james_woods
    james_woods

Are you sure you have not been abducted by aliens and given a Lasix as a test while they are learning earth technology?

• ChakkaConned
    ChakkaConned

Can you tell us specifically which antioxidents you take?

• Jankyn
    Jankyn

Hi, Mulan.

My optometrist told me that, as with people whose normal vision gets worse with age, sometimes the age-related changes in the eyes will improve vision for those who had an astigmatism early on.

Aging changes--quite subtly--the shape of the eye (if I understood him correctly). For most people, that makes the focusing ability more problematic (hence the need for bifocals); for people who had problems with focal issues, it makes it better.

Of course, he also told me that if I'd stop reading Chaucer in Middle English from books with small print, stay off the computer, and go be an over-the-road trucker for a decade or two, I wouldn't need reading glasses.

Not gonna happen.

Jankyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit